• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which electrical connector do you prefer, and why?

Fast3D

50cc
Can you possibly show us a picture of APP inside your plane? I'm just wondering how it looks and how bulky it is inside a plane?

Yep
Work Well

Great to hear that coming from you. Like these connectors a lot as well.

In your opinion, are the 8mm connectors good enough for an application like a 104"/100cc application? Would you go with 2 x 6S, 7S or 8S? ESC of choice? Sorry off topic with the batt and ESC thought but was interested. Stay cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I have Deans and I will probably convert over to Powerpoles this Winter. Deans have several issues that I have never liked. In any full scale avionics, the solder is supposed to be for electrical connection only. The wire should have a mechanical connection first that does not depend solely on the solder for structural integrity. Deans clearly violate this, they only use the solder. Secondly, the Deans only rely on friction to keep the connector pair together, whereas the Powerpoles have a connector lock. Also, with big wire gages, you need alot of heat with a Deans, and it can distort the connector and make the fit between the halves poor or loose. I think the Powerpoles solve these critical issues, but I am open to other suggestions.

SnowDog

Chad, are these compatible with the standard Anderson Power Pole connectors?

Also, your web site says the 45amp connectors are good up to 14ga or less...does that mean 14ga through 10ga or 14ga and smaller i.e. 18ga? I'd assume 14ga or smaller gauge i.e. larger wire size, and this might be a dumb question, but I'm not ashamed of asking a dumb question now and then ;)

Also, why green and yellow instead of red and black? :(

And of course, what about a crimping tool?

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
Chad, are these compatible with the standard Anderson Power Pole connectors? yes absolutely!

Also, your web site says the 45amp connectors are good up to 14ga or less...does that mean 14ga through 10ga or 14ga and smaller i.e. 18ga? I'd assume 14ga or smaller gauge i.e. larger wire size, and this might be a dumb question, but I'm not ashamed of asking a dumb question now and then ;)
They are actually tested to over 100 amps without melting. 12 AWG is a bit much but barely fits. Anything larger will not fit.
Also, why green and yellow instead of red and black? :(
We specify our own color to distinguish from others.
And of course, what about a crimping tool?
Dont have the tool yet but working on that, thanks!

Yowzilla

50cc
I use EC5's on all the 10S lipos and am slowly converting to EC3's on all my 3S and 2S. With that said you need a high temp iron to solder these pain free. Also try to understand what a cold solder joint looks like, I learned when a brand new PL6 charger had a cold joint on input and it would never charge at a full throttle 40 amp. I use a wood block with hole to fixture them. image.jpg