• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Which 60" to buy!?!?

What 60" airplane do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Yes, I have a laser on the way! Crashed my Edge into a light pole due to poor depth perception and WILL replace it just as soon as I can save the money!

Oh, and if your gonna get an EF frame there is no reason in the world to not get the Power combo. First, you can't really get better performance (I mean maybe you could if you spent ridiculous money on some sort of super high end motor???) and for the price break you get when you buy it all together I just can't imagine why anyone would go elsewhere.

+1
I bought the power combo with both of my EF planes (48"). I figure go ahead and free up some cash for your servos and, in my experience, have more power on tap than you ever really need. I just saw a 58" Extra at the field today, powered with a Torque/Airboss combo. The thing was ballistic on 6S with a 15X7.
Even if you are able to find a 3DHS/EF/PA plane that exhibits instability in a harrier, or snaps out of things (whatever that is) you may just find yourself flying it more than your über 3D capable airplanes. Lately, my tumbling-mad-man Yak gets flown more often than my dead-neutral-harrier Edge. It's just a very different feeling plane with idiosyncrasies that make it a bit more interesting.

Your best option is to buy one of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Torque V2 motor is great. I personally run almost all HV servo setups and I went with the new Gecko 85A ESC in the Laser and I am running the servos at 8.4V. I put the Airboss in something else with regular mini servos. If you are running 5245s or Spektrum 5040s, then the power combo can not be beat.

The Torque V2 motor is great. I personally run almost all HV servo setups and I went with the new Gecko 85A ESC in the Laser and I am running the servos at 8.4V. I put the Airboss in something else with regular mini servos. If you are running 5245s or Spektrum 5040s, then the power combo can not be beat.

Are you running 7245s in the laser? Do you have experience with external BECs in your setups?

I have 7245s in the ailerons and I am trying the new Spektrum 5060s in the tail. They jitter a lot on the ground trying to find center, but are fine in the air.

I have gone all the way up to 12s 5300 setups and I have used a number of seperate BECs. In my 51 slick I had to, as there was not other way to get HV into those 5087s without doing a seperate flight pack when I put it together.

I guess the point is that you can get the combo with the airboss and use a seperate BEC. That is certainly a valid way to go and the small castle BEC is pretty light and only $20. With the way I do my wiring I was trying to avoid the extra wires going up to the connector and I wanted to give the Gecko a try.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I have 7245s in the ailerons and I am trying the new Spektrum 5060s in the tail. They jitter a lot on the ground trying to find center, but are fine in the air.
I put a sliver of fuzzy side Velcro between all the control surfaces on my HV servos. Eliminates jitter on the ground. In the air it has never been a issue.