Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

@Snoopy1,
    I hear ya Buddy. I just put aside a little money every chance I could until I had enough to buy it. I almost went with a DA-100 like the plane originally had, but like I said in my post above, I have a thing for red heads. . . . . ;).

BTW, that's a nice radio you just picked up. . . . . . :yesss:.

Alky6, Snoopy1 and WMcNabb like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Keep us informed on the engine very interested on how it goes and performs. And yes radio took a while but eventually made up my mind have not had a chance to get into it as of now but that time will come.

HRRC Flyer and Alky6 like this.
  3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Tried to go flying last weekend and the DA ignition was kaput. Better on the ground than in the air ;). So after looking into everything, thought I would give the RCexl ignition a shot. Have had good luck with them on other engines. Comes with the Hall effect sensor conversion as well.

F97F4062-C611-4E72-B462-F9B0B120DA52.jpeg

4. HRRC Flyer

I certainly keep you informed @Snoopy1 . . . . . :big_yes:. If it performs anything like the one my flying Buddy has in his Carden Extra 330, I will be super excited. . . . . . :yesss:. Watching the big Extra fly was another reason I went with this engine. I'm sure my Yak is a little heavier than the Carden, but I have no doubt the engine will fly the plane just fine.

Alky6 and Snoopy1 like this.
  5. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    I put one on my 3W 150 and believe it has a smoother transition throughout the rpm range and a little easier to start.

HRRC Flyer, Alky6 and Snoopy1 like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Depending on your reports on the engine you may encourage me to save a little longer or dig a little deeper into my pockets to get a 3W redhead. If I did it would have to be a redhead.

HRRC Flyer and Alky6 like this.
  7. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

That’s great to hear, hope I get similar results! I know you had asked previously about voltage output on the ignitions, the DA one I took off indicated a 30K volt output stamped on the side. New ignition is partially installed and I now have spark again!

acerc likes this.
  8. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Quite the beautiful piece of machinery you have there, David! Congratulations!!!

acerc, Snoopy1 and HRRC Flyer like this.
  9. HRRC Flyer

Hey @Snoopy1, I am not familiar with the DA-120, but I have seen a DA-100 and the 3W110CS both in my Buddy's Carden and the power difference is astonishing. It's likely to be a few weeks before I can get the Yak finished and the 3W broken in & mounted on the plane, so please bear with me..

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it my friend. . . . . :way_to_go:.

Good night Fellas, it's way past my bedtime and I need my beauty sleep. . . :sleepy:

Alky6 and acerc like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    No rush the Extra 330 L is still being built and if I get an engine it will be finished next winter.

HRRC Flyer, Alky6 and acerc like this.