• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Rusty 73

100cc
I talked with the owner at TAS in2017 and was impressed with their quality and direction the new Jr was heading . From the pilots like Sainti ,Kimm longfoot , Matt stringer would really are the r&d flyers for Jr and have great input into the direction the product line should go . Kimm was talking about the new servo for 35% planes and once you get into the programming the servos become even more amazing ... Only good things ahead for you , your latency time between the radio and receiver is one first things you will notice ...happy programing .

Rusty 73

100cc
This Jr servo is what alot of pilots use and it's $50 cheaper than my Mks 599 . Good starting place.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.14.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.14.24 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 317

Rusty 73

100cc
This is good , I know it's a big step getting a new radio system but you will love it when you start assembling it all together .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is good , I know it's a big step getting a new radio system but you will love it when you start assembling it all together .
Rusty have you see the 12 volt system that DA and JR have developed together, it is pretty awesome. Was looking at the 12 volt servos they are making going to be a game changer for really big boys.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Good evening Fellas,

The UPS man paid the office where I work a visit this morning. A call to the G Man on Tuesday resulted in this today.
20190711_174624.jpg

The motivation for my Yak has arrived. To say I'm excited, is an understatement. . . . . . . :yesss:. This thing is almost too pretty to hide inside a cowl. . . . :big_yes:.

20190711_175729.jpg

20190711_175745.jpg

20190711_175835.jpg

I got a set of mufflers for it as well and I'm surprised at how much larger they are than the ones I got with my older 3W100. The ignition module for this is engine is also quite a bit smaller than the one for my 3W55, which surprises me a little as well.

20190711_174908.jpg

20190711_175204.jpg

Like my absent friend @stangflyer, I have a thing for red heads and I just cannot help it. . . . . :laughing:. My flying Buddy and 3W guru, Earl has already offered to assist me with a good break-in session on his engine stand, so it should be about perfect when I bolt it in the yak.

Hey @Snoopy1 , I know you've been going back and forth between the DA-100 and the DA-120, but I would offer this choice to you for your consideration as well.
Yes, it is almost 1 pound heavier than the DA-120, but at 12.8 horsepower, it will yank your Extra around like a rag doll. . . . . . :big_yes:.

Rusty 73

100cc
Love the 3W motor looks like a beast .

Did you order it from Germany 3W,cause I though 3W wasn't making engine or at least for the North American market at least that was the rumor last summer!!

That' about $275 more for just the engine than DA 120 $1199.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Good evening Fellas,

The UPS man paid the office where I work a visit this morning. A call to the G Man on Tuesday resulted in this today.
View attachment 110648

The motivation for my Yak has arrived. To say I'm excited, is an understatement. . . . . . . :yesss:. This thing is almost too pretty to hide inside a cowl. . . . :big_yes:.

View attachment 110649

View attachment 110650

View attachment 110651

I got a set of mufflers for it as well and I'm surprised at how much larger they are than the ones I got with my older 3W100. The ignition module for this is engine is also quite a bit smaller than the one for my 3W55, which surprises me a little as well.

View attachment 110652

View attachment 110653

Like my absent friend @stangflyer, I have a thing for red heads and I just cannot help it. . . . . :laughing:. My flying Buddy and 3W guru, Earl has already offered to assist me with a good break-in session on his engine stand, so it should be about perfect when I bolt it in the yak.

Hey @Snoopy1 , I know you've been going back and forth between the DA-100 and the DA-120, but I would offer this choice to you for your consideration as well.
Yes, it is almost 1 pound heavier than the DA-120, but at 12.8 horsepower, it will yank your Extra around like a rag doll. . . . . . :big_yes:.
Yes you are correct great motors and indestructible. I have 2 of them and are both 16 years old and have been flown every season many many times. The only thing I have ever changed is the reeds and spark plugs. But they are expensive and yes I would like to buy the exact same you have just bought. And it would do the job like no other. At this time a little to rich for my blood.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Good evening Fellas,

View attachment 110648

View attachment 110649

View attachment 110650

View attachment 110651

View attachment 110652

View attachment 110653

Sorry hit the button twice.