• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weird Idea for Joe Nall.... Community Plane.. Built at the NALL!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
but it's a week long event! a day or two to frame it and sand it out, a day to cover, a day to install radio gear, a day to get the tank and stuff in there and then have it flying by the weekend!

i'm not saying i want to be stuck in a booth building but if enough people were to make firm commitments to getting it done we might be able to run in shifts and still see it through.

they built an experimental at Oshkosh one year......just sayin' :)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds fun, unfortunately I have two and a half days at Nall so I won't be doing much plane building. I have lots of little things around so could probably donate some parts to the cause.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
redo Mac's b29
i saw that someone is already doing that....not sure if it will ever do airshows again but it looks like the remains have been handed off and are under construction

if anyone knows Mac or the guy doing the rebuild please invite him to post his progress here.

emtp275

100cc
Large wrap around Pitts for DLE or EME 55, we'll be there the whole week and I would love to see how others build to kinda improve on my building skill

This plane @combat chicken is talking about is a kit build, it's also if I remember correctly a blank canvas ( White?) It was flown as electric.
That's correct. I say we make a bipe out of it if someone has a second wing to add to it. Depends how much we really want to do to it and make it unique.
On second thought I may be too hung over from hanging out with chickenballs and crew to attack that engineering feat!:sleepy:

BalsaDust

I have the Stabs, stab tube, and rudder off of a crashed Carden Yak 54 that used to be sold as an ARF. I also have the tail section off of an old crashed Sukhoi SU-26. More than happy to donate those parts as it would get them out of my shop. I wont be making it to NALL though so someone would need to pick them up or I could ship them to someone.

I have all the guts for a 50 cc. DA 50 with stock muffs, servos, tank, JR 921, fromeco batts, switches opti kill, spinner

Just bought an RC Extreme Power replacement ignition with hall sensor.

Need prop.