• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weird Idea for Joe Nall.... Community Plane.. Built at the NALL!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
no ARFs!

I've got wings from a 94" Lanier Edge 540, they're bashed up a bit but repairable

or we can build a kit......@terryscustom ? any factory-second vipers laying around?

make it good and I"ll donate the BME102 that I have here...but it's got to fly by saturday or we steamroll it!

i can bring a few rolls of monokote also

Let's scratch build a grumman duck, i'll bring the plans!

WMcNabb

150cc
I'm with Bartman, let's build a kit and leave it behind for use with one of the youth flying programs at Triple Tree.

Maybe a few of us (who don't have extra equipment lying around) would be willing to pony up a few bucks toward a kit.

After watching Terryscustom's threads, my vote would be to build a Viper.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I'm with Bartman, let's build a kit and leave it behind for use with one of the youth flying programs at Triple Tree.

Maybe a few of us (who don't have extra equipment lying around) would be willing to pony up a few bucks toward a kit.

After watching Terryscustom's threads, my vote would be to build a Viper.

that would be one heck of a youth flying program!

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I've got a couple of 50cc engines, if the 'scale of things' works for one of those. A DLE and a DA and some props...

IF - someone can go through it and make sure it is working ok... I'm not an engine guy.

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
50cc would probably be better as it would reduce the number of servos we'd need and make the receiver better for the power distribution..a lot closer to plug and play once it's built

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Got an old 50cc size stinger, 80+ wing span, that I would love to get out of my shop and be glad to donate.

already built though? bring to Joe Nall and give it to someone from GSN...post a thread, ask a silly question and see what kind of answers you can get
or donate it to the local flying club like someone else said

mndless

Don't know a thing..
50cc would probably be better as it would reduce the number of servos we'd need and make the receiver better for the power distribution..a lot closer to plug and play once it's built

Another thought on the engine... we have to be sure the engine is checked out and ready to go ahead of time... I'm not even close to an expert on these gas engines... we'll need to find a way or someone to give it a good once over. We still do have time to send it back and forth to the shop, if a plane/engine decision is made quickly

yakken

100cc
This is a great idea but does anybody wanna set at joe nall and build a plane? To much to do to set and build a plane at nall.