• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

My slick got here today as well as my servos. Just waiting in my motor and still searching for an esc.
Omega 130
Hs65mg
Hs85mg on elevator.
What batteries are common with this motor?

Most popular size battery is 2200 mah 3S, with a 14X7 Apc or Xoar. Stock spinner isn't the greatest fit on the 14X7 props.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Gary - I run TowerPro MG90s all around on mine - a low cost solution and they work for me. Have had no issues. I do not fly much at high speeds, but it has done all I needed. I am sure the Hitec/Savox would be much better.

Groovejet put this together - you might find it useful. It covers most of these hybrid planes: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678035

now that is some detailed information... I wish I bought a blue slick when I had the chance, going to keep an eye out for the next restock...

gyro

GSN Contributor
now that is some detailed information... I wish I bought a blue slick when I had the chance, going to keep an eye out for the next restock...

I'm hoping we can get something similar up here in conjunction with our review.

-G

wedoitall

just found out that Renea bought me the blue one for valentines day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love my ol' lady!

says she wanted my to have a replacement for my TH edge. ive only had it for a few months but its already beat.