• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Alky6

150cc
I am very interested in the PAU Edge 540T 30-35cc. My first thoughts was to install the VVRC 40 twin. Would this be a killer performer for that plane and would it fit in the cowl? If Supa Tim is here I would love your response along with all other replies.
@SupaTim is here. Maybe he can reply...
But I have it on my EF 78 Extra and love it. It's an awesome fit. I would assume the same for the PAU!

@SupaTim is here. Maybe he can reply...
But I have it on my EF 78 Extra and love it. It's an awesome fit. I would assume the same for the PAU!
Thanx for your reply Alky6. This plane is sold out right now at PAU's website. I can't find any specs there other than designated engine size. There is no listing for it on the manual download page. I hope it has not been discontinued. I will find out. Thanks again!

Just watched Gabriel Alutz at youtube flying the PAU Edge 540T with a VVRC 40 twin that was brand new with only 2 flights on the engine. For an engine not even close to broke in, it is pulling this plane with authority. I want this setup badly now after watching the video.

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an issue and I hope someone has some thoughts on it.

I have a VVRC 40 on my EF 78 extra. 2 weeks ago the left muffler came loose in flight. I repaired it and took the plane out last weekend. The left cylinder is now running about 30 degrees hotter than the right and the engine is not pulling as well. Ground RPMs are down about 300 (falcon 20x9 turning 6600, was turning 6950). The engine seems to be running ok but the temps and the lower power worry me.

@SupaTim

Alky6

150cc
I had a similar issue with my new canister on the VVRC 40. Didn't pay good enough attention to the header bolts. One got loose, very slight, but created an exhaust leak (very, very small). But temps did go up and power went down. Found the leak, resealed everything and properly tightened the bolts. Back to normal and no problems since then. Maybe suggest verifying you have no exhaust leak?

FWIW, I don't use the gaskets on the exhaust, I lap the surfaces and use the high temp red silicone to seal surfaces. I have same set up as you.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I had a similar issue with my new canister on the VVRC 40. Didn't pay good enough attention to the header bolts. One got loose, very slight, but created an exhaust leak (very, very small). But temps did go up and power went down. Found the leak, resealed everything and properly tightened the bolts. Back to normal and no problems since then. Maybe suggest verifying you have no exhaust leak?

FWIW, I don't use the gaskets on the exhaust, I lap the surfaces and use the high temp red silicone to seal surfaces. I have same set up as you.
Plus 1 on the red hi temp silicone from the auto parts store. I sanded the exhaust surface first and flattened mine out. No leaks after many flights.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
They have had problems with crankshafts spinning, Denny said he is searching for a new supplier but won't sell any more until he had this fixed