• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Unbiased answer?

Very cool, one thing I would suggest (if it were me) is to set up the plane and fly it without the smoke system to keep the weight nice and light. This will give you a good feel on how the plane flies before you add the weight of the smoke system. Pump, tank, lines, fuel dot, oil etc. all adds up quick. My Edge with the DA120 had no trouble but it did I could still feel the difference with certain things.

Plus I really dorked up the covering, I gave a friend @helicanic a screaming deal on it and he is going to clean it up and get it back in the air soon. Looking forward to seeing him fly it at Nall next year since he recently moved to Greenville SC (bastard:().

Here is a smoky flight just messing around at the Black Hills Huckfest last year.

Thanks Terry. I promise to fly at nall and everywhere in between! I just ordered savox 1283 for control surface and DLE 120 for a power plant. Looking forward to getting it going. It's going to be ALMOST as fun as getting one of your PAU Vipers when there out. well maybe.... Viper is one awesome bird!! Glad I was there in sd to experence the prototypes and at nall to see the pau Viper perform. Totally awesome!!!!! Everyone should get one!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Agree, pinning the firewall is a must on all giant scale planes. I have had a couple come loose even with pinning, so at least you notice a little looseness instead of a big mess! I have gone to this as my standard process:
- Apply some medium CA to any open gaps around the entire firewall structure. Repeat a couple times if needed but smooth over so the glue is not built up on the surface.
- Install some small basswood tri-stock on the front outside edges of the firewall.
- Make sure that as much of the inside of the firewall has larger tri-stock installed.
- Make sure engine box top and bottom is secure, no gaps, add tri-stock as needed.
- If the firewall is held with aluminum angle....remove the aluminum angle, scuff the back, install with 30 minute epoxy and install the screws before the epoxy has set.
- Now I install the engine and pin the firewall, my favorite is to use 9/16" servo screws, pre drill and soak the holes with thin CA. Second choice is 1/8" hardwood dowels.
Pretty much my procedure as well.