• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Unbiased answer?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Interesting discussion. I'm going to be in the market for a 120 later this summer so It's all good info. Terry, how would you compare the power of the DLE 120 to the old DA100 (non L) or even the DLE 111?

Much better than the old DA100. I have had two, one is in my GP Cap580 now and great for scale flying smooth and uses hardly any fuel. The 111 is a significant increase but for a couple dollars more the DLE120 is hands down. Obviously the 100 likes the 27x props the 111 really likes 27-28x props and the 120 likes 28-29x props so that pretty much says it all. I run a 27x11 on my 100 for IMAC type flying, I run 28x9 on the 111's with bowman rings and 28x9 to 29x9 on the DLE120. But I like spool up down on the deck so I prop accordingly for my 111 / 120 engines.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Terry! I've been leaning toward the DLE 120 for my Air Wild 35% Edge. They are known to be pretty heavy so I need the extra power so the DA120 would be great, but since this is a low budget operation the DLE 120 sounds like it will fit the bill.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks Terry! I've been leaning toward the DLE 120 for my Air Wild 35% Edge. They are known to be pretty heavy so I need the extra power so the DA120 would be great, but since this is a low budget operation the DLE 120 sounds like it will fit the bill.

Is Air Wild still making planes? I've never heard of them before...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

Watch for the sales at VVRC, they have them on sale 10-12% off and free shipping pretty regularly!!! One sale just ended, but they pop up on there all the time.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Watch for the sales at VVRC, they have them on sale 10-12% off and free shipping pretty regularly!!! One sale just ended, but they pop up on there all the time.
Cool! I just need to find someone to buy my Carf 30% Extra to both make room and fund some of this project.