• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Trailers... I wish I had done this.

BalsaDust

PatNjos;13893 wrote: The pictures are right side up on my phone, but when I post they flip.

You must be using an iPhone. That's what I have and it does the same thing. Just use the edit feature on the phone, crop it just a touch and then save it. It will post fine then.

Looking at either a 6x14 or 7x14' trailer for all my stuff. Hoping that it can still be used for something other than RC once I get it, like 4 wheelers. :)

Hoping I can get a deck shelf installed in 2 pieces, that I can hinge up and out of the way?

Do-rag

100cc
Bunky F. Knuckle;14013 wrote: Looking at either a 6x14 or 7x14' trailer for all my stuff. Hoping that it can still be used for something other than RC once I get it, like 4 wheelers. :)

Hoping I can get a deck shelf installed in 2 pieces, that I can hinge up and out of the way?

Bunky when you get that figured out post some good pictures because I would like to do something similiar.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Bunky F. Knuckle;14013 wrote: Looking at either a 6x14 or 7x14' trailer for all my stuff. Hoping that it can still be used for something other than RC once I get it, like 4 wheelers. :)

Hinge up or hinge down?? If you hinge up and have a latch failure, the shelf will fall.... hinging down - if you can - might be a little safer with fragile cargo....

I'm doing a hinged deck in my trailer, hinges down... fastens to the edge of a fixed shelf... have it drawn up, I'll try to get a picture of 'the plan' to post...

Id have some sort of a center post or dual post method when using as a shelf, for the hinge down method. Could do the same thing for the hinge up method as well. Including the use of bungees to keep pressure on the posts. As far as storing in a retracted position, a steel insert and use a latch and retainer to keep the pin from sliding out.

Im surely gettin tired of hauling airplanes up and down the basement steps for storage, esp my 40%. Maintenance is another thing, tho.