• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
I took a look at you build and your construction is a lot neater than mine . I used to do better but have the old man shakes now I like the use of electric power as batteries have really improved in the last few years along with electric retracts over air. I only used air because i had a couple of units laying around. I would be interested in the covering you used on the alerions and rudder and elivator?

Charles

70cc twin V2
The third and last finish coat of resin on the underside of the wing, 20150306_193652_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles

70cc twin V2
Dont worry your English is better than my Dutch. Judging from you log it looks like we are in the same spot in the construction. Would you mind weighing your wing and Ill weigh mine to see how much weight the glass added.

djjr

30cc
We are almomost at the same point. i wil weighing my wing when im back from work.
Pictures are more need than real life ;) it is my first wood build. and there are some points i will do better next time.
My wheel wells are not exact circle. becouse i make them to much to the left side the wheels did not fit. Things like that. But i am happy overall.

Charles

70cc twin V2
If it will make you feel better it is my first build since 1960. Your work is very clean and looks good. I centered the wheel cut out with the axle then used a 4 in whole saw to mark the wells. then cut them out.

djjr

30cc
My wing is 716 gram (25,25 oz) inclusive 4 servo cables.
It is like your photo without the belly pan.
i am curious how mutch the glass adds.

The cover i use is Oratex you can paint it and its easy working.

SnowDog

you are both doing an amazing job. I really love watching a full build progress and seeing the awesome result!

Charles

70cc twin V2
The wing glassed weighs 1020g so the glass weighs 304g so inceases the weight by 42%