• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D to iBEc or not to iBEc that is my question

Like others say, if it ain't broke, then why fix it. You just need some way to kill power to the ignition. It doesn't matter how you do it. Servo and micro switch is how alot of folks do it.
I'm not sure I get it. Do you mean some way to kill ignition power other than with the IBEC? Isn't that the purpose of the control signal from the rx to the IBEC?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, couple of 'em!! I think I've had just about everything 20, 26, 30, 35, 40, 40 twin, 50, 52, 55 , 60, 60 twin, 61, 70 twin, 100, 111, 120, 150, 170, 176.

Only ones I did not run on ibec is the 150+. Not really sure why. I only have one 40% left with a 176 and I run an ignition kill with batter draw off one of the flight packs. Power safe RX. No problems.

I'm not sure I get it. Do you mean some way to kill ignition power other than with the IBEC? Isn't that the purpose of the control signal from the rx to the IBEC?
Sorry, in a short rush there........ Provided you are running an ignition pack, is when you need some sort of kill switch. But if not running an ignition pack, then none of what I said is needed. Using ibec, rcexl works great! Ive been using rcexl for a couple years without issue.

Still trying to work thru the android mobile and tablet issues. Need a bit more time to check into the fix.. ;)

Sorry, in a short rush there........ Provided you are running an ignition pack, is when you need some sort of kill switch. But if not running an ignition pack, then none of what I said is needed. Using ibec, rcexl works great! Ive been using rcexl for a couple years without issue.

Still trying to work thru the android mobile and tablet issues. Need a bit more time to check into the fix.. ;)

Ok, thanks. I just wired up an iBEC in my new Edge this week-end, but haven't fired it up yet. Was afraid I had missed the point somewhere.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Yup, couple of 'em!! I think I've had just about everything 20, 26, 30, 35, 40, 40 twin, 50, 52, 55 , 60, 60 twin, 61, 70 twin, 100, 111, 120, 150, 170, 176.
we-300x164.png

tylerzx9r

100cc
I have also never had an issue with Tech-Aero IBEC. Terry, why stop at a 176? I think your capable of a 200 or larger:big_yes: