• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D to iBEc or not to iBEc that is my question

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I have been running an ibec in all my airplanes for awile but im setting up a 40% right now and I would like to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I agree, don't think going to a 40 percent changes anything regarding the ignition. Just make sure you have a way to turn off the ignition from your TX.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Agree, Tech-Aero, make sure you have enough battery capacity for a 40% and fly. I use two 5200 Fromeco Ions, but you could get away with less (like two 2300) you would just have to charge more often. Rick F. and I calculated a pound of weight savings from the things you eliminate using an IBEC.

Like others say, if it ain't broke, then why fix it. You just need some way to kill power to the ignition. It doesn't matter how you do it. Servo and micro switch is how alot of folks do it.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I guess just because I haven't had any issues with it I wanted to see if anybody out in GSN land have had any issues. The Tech Aero ibec is the one I have been using. Has anyone had trouble with ignition noise interfering with their radio?

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Agree with the tech aero. I have been setting all my new planes up with them. I am about to finish up a 35% dalton that will get one!