• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Thoughts on MKS HV777 and Savox SV-1270TG

I don't think you will be disappointed. My shop sell both of them and I use both. The Savox 1270s are good servos but for the price difference you can't beat quality of the MKS. The tolerance on the MKS gear train and output spline are very tight and they are one of the quietest servos that I have used. If you want to check one out let me know.
I might just have to look you up. Planning on a new IMAC bird this winter, PAU/Dalton 300 and looking at these servos. Like the metal upper case and have been hearing good things about them. Would like to try the brushless but that is quite a bit more money right now.

I was really impressed with the gear train on the 777's out of the box. Compared to say the Hitec Ti gears which feel all gritty when moved hand, the MKS gears are some of the smoothest you will ever feel. They aren't any louder than any JR servo I've used, in fact they might be the quietest of all I've used. I just bought some Savox 1267's and 1268's for anothe project and they are easily the loudest servos I've ever installed.

My big test when I buy servos is centering, I can't stand a servo that won't center and the MKS servos appear to center great.
One of my biggest gripes with Hitec servos I used in the past with my IMAC planes in the past was always having good to do a trim flight because it always seemed to change. When I went to JR servos that was a thing of the past. Still love JR servos but looking at other options also.

camss69

70cc twin V2
One of my biggest gripes with Hitec servos I used in the past with my IMAC planes in the past was always having good to do a trim flight because it always seemed to change. When I went to JR servos that was a thing of the past. Still love JR servos but looking at other options also.

Yeah it was really hard for me to try something other than JR servos. I know they are going to center perfectly, move with each trim step (another area I'm a stickler on) and the service is the best there is. But @ $125 street price for the 8911HV's with a plastic top case and the weak gear train I needed to try something else. I didn't want to spend $189-$200 just to a get a JR servo with a metal top case with the same gears. I've seen the 777's as low as $92 but even at $107 the bang for the buck is unbeatable IMO. I just have no personal experience with their service so hopefully it's good when the time comes.

Don't the splines make a difference between some of the MKS servos? I was thinking the some of the brushless ones had their own spline.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I think it's the X8 and the HBL380's that use a larger shaft and require these hubs with carbon arms that they sell. I don't know for certain, but I do know the 777's are Futaba splines.

Attachments

• X8 Hubs.png
    X8 Hubs.png
    431 KB · Views: 376
  • CF Single Arm.png
    CF Single Arm.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 411

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Yeah it was really hard for me to try something other than JR servos. I know they are going to center perfectly, move with each trim step (another area I'm a stickler on) and the service is the best there is. But @ $125 street price for the 8911HV's with a plastic top case and the weak gear train I needed to try something else. I didn't want to spend $189-$200 just to a get a JR servo with a metal top case with the same gears. I've seen the 777's as low as $92 but even at $107 the bang for the buck is unbeatable IMO. I just have no personal experience with their service so hopefully it's good when the time comes.

Thanks Camss.
I was going to ask where the best deal was on these. Thoughts?