Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Thoughts on MKS HV777 and Savox SV-1270TG

Discussion in 'RC Radio Systems' started by Notorious B.E.N., Oct 11, 2015.

1. I'm going to start collecting servos for my Dalton 300 I'm building. I was wanting to know what people have to say about the MKS HV777 and the Savox SV-1270TG. Both are about the same power and both feature Titanium gears. So what do you prefer or have to say about either servo?

2. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

MKS 777, no questions, hands down.

Won't elaborate but since I switched no slop, no failures, no jitter, etc.

mnfatboy and Notorious B.E.N. like this.
  3. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I have a few MKS 777's and so far they have been great!

4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I had some 777s about 6 years ago. Smoothest gear train of any servo I have ever owned. Had a couple of pots go bad but they never developed any slop in the gear train. Wish I had held on to them.

Notorious B.E.N. likes this.
  5. jhelber08

jhelber08 70cc twin V2

I used the think 1270's were awesome until I switched to MKS....i now have about 20 or so 1270's just collecting dust. Go with MKS for sure.

Notorious B.E.N. likes this.

6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I just purchased a pile of MKS 777's after much research and info learned here and elsewhere. The Savox 1270's were another leading contender but service and multiple problems being reported was an issue.

camss69, mnfatboy and ChickenBalls like this.
  7. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

How loud are the 777's. I know it is silly but I had the Savox 1270,s I think it was 1270'so and it was annoying how loud they were at idle on the ground.

8. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

Mine are all silent minus the weight of the surface. Then only a hum, not the chatter you may be thinking of.

9. I don't think you will be disappointed. My shop sell both of them and I use both. The Savox 1270s are good servos but for the price difference you can't beat quality of the MKS. The tolerance on the MKS gear train and output spline are very tight and they are one of the quietest servos that I have used. If you want to check one out let me know.

thurmma and Terryscustom like this.
  10. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I was really impressed with the gear train on the 777's out of the box. Compared to say the Hitec Ti gears which feel all gritty when moved hand, the MKS gears are some of the smoothest you will ever feel. They aren't any louder than any JR servo I've used, in fact they might be the quietest of all I've used. I just bought some Savox 1267's and 1268's for anothe project and they are easily the loudest servos I've ever installed.

My big test when I buy servos is centering, I can't stand a servo that won't center and the MKS servos appear to center great.

helicanic, mnfatboy and Terryscustom like this.