• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That part that really sucks is where the guy comes up crying.......

Like you left a little :dancing-poop: in his trailer or something. It's amazing how grownups can act like little kids sometimes. We are all the same as long as everyone is safe and respects everyone it should be all good, but sometimes there are those with pre-determined opinions.

Only one time I thought I was in trouble. I went out in the later AM when I rarely fly to test fire a GP176 I wanted to get 6-8 flights on prior to an upcoming event. Our field always is a ghost town after noon even if the flag is hanging. I primed it, and fired it up just to set the idle and idle up and some guy crashed out into the trees about 100ft. from the field and two other guy's made 45* angle approaches for landing one nearly crashing into the pits and one flipped upside down in the middle of the runway bending his gear.

Sadly I had no intention of flying at the moment, just a first run-up and had talked to half the guy's there already.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The first club I was in had guys just like that. Thankfully the club I'm in now is nothing like that.

In our club you are a probationary member for the first year, then they vote on you again. In club history there has only been one guy voted out and his name was mentioned in that video, what are the chances of that.

My club is about 95 miles northwest of the Rend Lake club in the video. I've never been there, but a lot of area guys have been there for events. I've never heard anything negative about them, but I can't say attitudes like that surprise me.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I think I will reserve judgment on the club until we here the whole story, there is a reason the fella is recording with his inspector gadget camera.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
rcbobp;8676 wrote: I'm sure Andy can chime in, but I think the most AMA can do is to counsel the club in how it conducts its business. I suspect the AMA would only step in if the club were conducting itself in an unsafe or otherwise illegal manner, e.g., acting in a racist manner. AMA can't fix stupid. Nobody can.
I already chimed in :)

I think its unfortunate, and I'm sure there's two sides of the story.

Alpha20

50cc
In that huge kindergarten Mr Hart seems to be a real cry- baby. And the VP- what a piece of art. He even had trouble with shaking hands with a person.