• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

i just would like to say:

I LOVE TO GAS AND FLY GAS AND FLY

however,

if everyone is sitting around, i will always ask before i flip: "does anyone want to fly...", usually in my club, they are so nice, they will always say: "go ahead". however, i can sense or tell if others want to get on there, and i will always let them go, or should i say, i do not interrupt them or prevent them from going. this is what is called "communication", and for some reason, some of these old geezers lack the ability to communicate. the old geezers act more like children

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I was at one of my local fields earlier this summer and did the same thing. I specifically asked one guy with a cub if he wanted to go up. He said no, and then proceeded to complain behind my back to the club president that I was hogging the field. I was kind of pissed at the time for obvious reasons. He wanted to fly by him self but did not have the nerve to ask. The key, as orthobird points out is communication. All he had to do was ask. I was not really in a hurry and would have been happy to let him go up alone.

Patroller;9886 wrote: I was at one of my local fields earlier this summer and did the same thing. I specifically asked one guy with a cub if he wanted to go up. He said no, and then proceeded to complain behind my back to the club president that I was hogging the field. I was kind of pissed at the time for obvious reasons. He wanted to fly by him self but did not have the nerve to ask. The key, as orthobird points out is communication. All he had to do was ask. I was not really in a hurry and would have been happy to let him go up alone.

Patroller, this reminds me of something.... for those of us who are married and have children, we all know that we cannot read minds, but we are expected to, especially of the opposite sex. but heck, when we go to our field and club, we are MEN!!! Darn it!!!

do not make us or each other read each others mind. speak up and say: i am next or

i got it after you

or

can i go before you, this will be my last flight and i need to get out of here

or whatever...

but this thing of:

na, you go ahead..... but you really want to say.. yes i would like to go...

this is for at home, not out at a club.

communicate, communicate, and communicate (like a man)

hope this is not sexist. for all the females that read this, forgive me, it is not how it seems to be.

sparkx38

50cc
orthobird;9814 wrote: i just would like to say:

I LOVE TO GAS AND FLY GAS AND FLY

however,

if everyone is sitting around, i will always ask before i flip: "does anyone want to fly...", usually in my club, they are so nice, they will always say: "go ahead". however, i can sense or tell if others want to get on there, and i will always let them go, or should i say, i do not interrupt them or prevent them from going. this is what is called "communication", and for some reason, some of these old geezers lack the ability to communicate. the old geezers act more like children
Who you calling old geezer! LOL I know who you are talking about.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
orthobird;8620 wrote: there is a club i went to join in east texas, and the people who invited me to join are just the nicest & funnest people. all was good. one time, i went to the club during the week (when my friends were not there), and i recognized this older man there, maybe in his late 70s, then, i got a sense of what is portrayed on this video. me, being dark skinned, and being in Marshall, texas, all of a sudden, i got, how should i say: "SCARED!!!!!!!"

this guy came up to me and was asking me all questions:" where i was from, what do i do, etc....", then, he told me or mentioned something to me, which he stated at least 4 times in a time period of 2 weeks that i was there. he told me: "there sure are a lot of people joining this club...." that was the clue to me that he did not want me there.
What club in East Texas Ortho?

sparkx38;9911 wrote: Who you calling old geezer! LOL I know who you are talking about.

no one at our Sharks club that i know of. i was referring to the old guys in the video posted. they behave like children in a playground. instead of acting like adults. did you hear this one guy say: "if he flies here, i am packing up and leaving..."

what an infantile. he must be 70 or so!!!! look, if he flies too "dangerous for you", when he gets to fly, he should just sit down in his car and wait for him to land, then come on out. or better yet, he should go see his doctor about getting some anti-anxiety medications.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We had some old guy at the field throw a fit a few weeks ago about hogging the field. There were only four or five of us flying that day and everyone was kind of taking turns with lulls in between. The old guy didn't even have his plane ready and the minute my buddy Tony took off he started yelling, "when am I gunna get to use the field!" He was cussing and acting like a little kid.