• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Even though the video speaks volumes in regard to the attitudes of the establishment at that club, knowing the previous actions on both sides would be enlightening.

It appears all party's are tip toeing around directly addressing the real problem that caused the strong feelings that are sheepishly displayed, except for the one member that was outwardly open expressing his disapproval of him being on the property.

In fairness to everyone both sides of the story need to be told.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Astrohog;8713 wrote: That is because he needs to confer with his cronies on any given scenario to figure out what the rule should be on that given day! I mean, COME ON, he is the VP!!! Isn't that what he is SUPPOSED to do? :devil:

Astro

Hey, sounds like the club I just "BAILED" from. Hee hee

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Phil Griffin;8626 wrote: We've got a couple like that at one of the clubs I frequent. Don't like the 3D'ers cause it's hard for them to talk when people are hovering.

Probably somewhat true Phil.... More than likely cuz they be like, "JEALOUS" cuz they can't do it.:winking-thumbs-up-s

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I really in all honesty can't understand WHY some people have this totally negative attitude towards new members, especially a clubs BOARD MEMBERS. These are the guys that are supposed to be running the club, encouraging new members to join, giving the club a good name, etc. etc. yadda yadda

We are ALL in this hobby, not to make a living (ok, there are some guys who are the exception), but to get away from the regular day to day stresses of life. This hobby is about relaxing and doing something fun and entertaining. Not about giving new members attitude. We can only hope the club board members realize the errors of their ways and proceed to correcting them and encouraging new members to join.

The part that really got me is that in order to become a new member you had to submit an application to the club and it had to be approved in a meeting- what? I can understand for some clubs (we have one here that is on a military base and is for military only) that have restrictions rom the land owners but otherwise that just doesn't make sense to me... How can you promote the hobby and at the same time deny new members?

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Can't say that this surprises me but it sure in hell saddens me. Fall on your sword and resign.

thurmma

150cc
pawnshopmike;8658 wrote: Oh that's way too simple. I was thinking more like inflight battery swap!

That would take way to much thinking :) I don't have that many brain cells left so I want to keep as many as possible.

Fuel and fly is what I do, and 3D, but when it is busy, we share the club. Our club is small, and 3D friendly. We have the opposite problem...we need more members.

sparkx38

50cc
orthobird;8620 wrote: there is a club i went to join in east texas, and the people who invited me to join are just the nicest & funnest people. all was good. one time, i went to the club during the week (when my friends were not there), and i recognized this older man there, maybe in his late 70s, then, i got a sense of what is portrayed on this video. me, being dark skinned, and being in Marshall, texas, all of a sudden, i got, how should i say: "SCARED!!!!!!!"

this guy came up to me and was asking me all questions:" where i was from, what do i do, etc....", then, he told me or mentioned something to me, which he stated at least 4 times in a time period of 2 weeks that i was there. he told me: "there sure are a lot of people joining this club...." that was the clue to me that he did not want me there.

This dude has a serious problem. Old originating member that isn't happy unless every little thing is to his liking(type of planes flown, size of planes flown, flying style, how event raffles are run ect. ect. ect.). He is a jack A$$. Plain and simple. He is out numbered, so instead of making a effort to get along with the majority of the club, he would just assume not show his face and fly on the week days when most people have to work. It totally sucks how some people can take the fun out of the hobby.