• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Just received my Carbon Falcon 25x8W for the DA70. Speedy shipping from @TimP @ Redwing RC.:way_to_go:

image.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I decided I'm going to take my Carf Extra 330L flying tomorrow for the first time in over a year. I thought I should give it a once over tonight and make sure everything is flight ready. It turns out the clunk line was hard as a rock so I pulled the tank out and replaced the clunk line with Viton.

20151017_195610_resized.jpg
20151017_202510_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I decided I'm going to take my Carf Extra 330L flying tomorrow for the first time in over a year. I thought I should give it a once over tonight and make sure everything is flight ready. It turns out the clunk line was hard as a rock so I pulled the tank out and replaced the clunk line with Viton.

View attachment 43223 View attachment 43224
Bring that baby to Eureka MO tomorrow for the Toys-for-Tots fly-in.:way_to_go:
SLRCFA’s

Toys For Tots

Chili Fly

This year our annual Chili Fly (Open House) is combined with our Toys for Tots toy drive. It will be held on Sunday, October 18th at 9:30am until 3pm

For those of you that have not been to the Chili Fly, here is a crash course.

ü Bring Chili in a crock pot (we have electricity to keep it warm)

ü Bring your favorite dessert

ü Bring anything that goes with chili

ü Dress for the weather

ü Invite friends, family, and other clubs

ü Bring your appetite

ü Bring your Airplanes and Helicopters!!!!!!

ü Don’t forget to fly between bowls of chili

SLRCFA’s Toys for Tots/Chili Fly has a landing fee of a Toy with at least a $10 value that is in the package and unwrapped or a cash donation (to Toys for Tots). The United States Marines will be present to collect all donations.

This year we will be having our 5th Toys for Tots Charity Auction. Please bring any hobby related items (new or used) to be donated. All donated items will then be auctioned off at 1pm with the proceeds going to Toys for Tots. So clear out those parts that have been sitting around, the kit in the corner, the stuff that did not sell at the last swap meet, or that airplane you just are not going to fly anymore and donate it to a great cause.

--
SLRCFA's Rotate Newsletter Editor
Jonathon Hendrickson

Last edited:

HornetNZ

50cc
I finished covering the front portion of my GP F-15. Was happy I was able to do one side and the whole top in one piece w/ virtually no wrinkles! Had planned on a seam half way on top, but it went so well I just kept pulling it over. Still have to do the top of the fuse behind the wing, then all the base covering is finally done.

Attachments

• 2015-10-18 14.49.20.jpg
    2015-10-18 14.49.20.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 233

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
If you insist. :)
i missed your reply, thanks for the reminder! shoot me your mailing address and i'll dig it out and send it along. i had taken it apart to replace the bearings so you'll just have to put the new bearings in and then zip it back up and it should be good to go.
:)

BalsaDust

i missed your reply, thanks for the reminder! shoot me your mailing address and i'll dig it out and send it along. i had taken it apart to replace the bearings so you'll just have to put the new bearings in and then zip it back up and it should be good to go.
:)

Text sent.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I finished covering the front portion of my GP F-15. Was happy I was able to do one side and the whole top in one piece w/ virtually no wrinkles! Had planned on a seam half way on top, but it went so well I just kept pulling it over. Still have to do the top of the fuse behind the wing, then all the base covering is finally done.

Nice job bro! Looks great.