• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Nice, I hear overpowered trainers with no dihedral are making a comeback! Is that a heli engine?

I will build one of these for myself at some point with no dihedral and stuff a dle20 on the nose.
The motor is just what was on it when it was brought to me to repair and recover. It's a thunder tiger 46 and yes it has a heli head. Not sure if it's just the head of the entire motor is off a heli.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I will build one of these for myself at some point with no dihedral and stuff a dle20 on the nose.
The motor is just what was on it when it was brought to me to repair and recover. It's a thunder tiger 46 and yes it has a heli head. Not sure if it's just the head of the entire motor is off a heli.

Ahhh, didn't realize you were redoing for someone. Just giving you crap on the airfoils, but seriously, you will thank me one day when you build without the Pro Bruh airfoil;) Especially when you get to 30cc and larger.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
do you want an OS .61SF for it? you just need to put it back together and it's ready to run.....free

BalsaDust

Ahhh, didn't realize you were redoing for someone. Just giving you crap on the airfoils, but seriously, you will thank me one day when you build without the Pro Bruh airfoil;) Especially when you get to 30cc and larger.

Yeah I follow what your saying. The EE series of planes that wrong way carries has a more traditional airfoil. I have flown the EE50cc and it's fun but it's not super loose. That's why the one I'm gonna do is going with a lot less wing area to help get rid of some of the float it has.
I learned something with this airfoil on the edge I built (mind you it's someone else's design I just scaled it down) while this airfoil may not be as floaty as other slabs I have flown it is super stable in HA with little to no wing rock. That stability made me much more confident in HA down low. That being said we took away 120sq in of wing area over other 40" span slabs so even though it is stable when you tell her to she absolutely breaks nasty on you in the air. It will do a KE spin basically rotating around the main spar of the wing.

BalsaDust

Oh but Terry don't get me wrong I still like the probro airfoils as well. I actually really dig how floaty my Sbach45 is.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh but Terry don't get me wrong I still like the probro airfoils as well. I actually really dig how floaty my Sbach45 is.

Keep on testing and playing and before long you'll be miles ahead of some ARF designers. Thinking outside the lines is what keeps you sharp and excited to do the next thing. That's why I keep giving you a hard time:)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
@cbarnes0061 You made me have to look way back into my experimental days......maiden of "the wedgie" 2009. I build this thing out of a wing that one of the O.G.'s had left after a crash. I laser cut the plane and slapped on some gear from another crashed plane left in the trash. All components fit inside the fuse, flew the crazy thing for two years.

BalsaDust

Keep on testing and playing and before long you'll be miles ahead of some ARF designers. Thinking outside the lines is what keeps you sharp and excited to do the next thing. That's why I keep giving you a hard time:)

Give me all the hard times you want I can take it. What I think is really cool is the little edge I built. There are quite a few bro's saying it and the bigger 56" span version should be kitted by one of the kit cutters on the bro site. Just the thought that something I worked on might become a kit is pretty cool.
Also it's tons of fun working on the design and testing side of things. Seeing how little things here an there can complelty change the feel of a plane is pretty awesome.

BalsaDust

@cbarnes0061 You made me have to look way back into my experimental days......maiden of "the wedgie" 2009. I build this thing out of a wing that one of the O.G.'s had left after a crash. I laser cut the plane and slapped on some gear from another crashed plane left in the trash. All components fit inside the fuse, flew the crazy thing for two years.

Wow proof that terry once flew a slimer. Though I love the sound of my piped OS55ax nothing beats the sound of a 4 stroke.