Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Hopefully you do not have to many daughters or else you are going to busy for a while.

49dimes, Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. No doubt. Glad I stopped at two!

Snoopy1, 49dimes and Alky6 like this.
  3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

You do mighty fine work. Really like the doors with the grain at a 45!

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. Thanks brother. The 45 on the doors was a little more work. But it added a lot of visual interest.

Alky6, Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    So I got the 87" chippy plans. They are Bob Nelitz 1/5 scale plans. Fun to look at, but no way I'd ever scratch build something like this with that huge bubble canopy.
    https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=94391&mode=search

6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Chipmunks are not easy to build and a 87 inch Chipmunk is a small plane because the Chipmunk wing is long. The only one I would build is the Pepsi one with the wide cowl because the military one is very narrow difficult to fit an engine in. And yes you have to be able to get the canopy. They are great fliers.

49dimes likes this.
  7. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Bought some replacement servo cases to rebuild the 7, 9380's in my 105 Laser. 400+ hard flights on the servos and they're finally ready for some reworking. But the wind was howling 20-25mph and it was drizzling constantly and temps were in the 40's- for this SoCal boy that works outside, that was a no-go on getting the servos out of the airplane o_O

49dimes likes this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Why do you replace the cases? Just wondering :confused:.

9. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

The brass bushing for the center pin begins to wallow out the pocket it is molded into inside of the servo case. This causes some slop in the geartrain since the center gears can move just ever so slightly instead of being fixed in place.

WMcNabb, dhal22 and 49dimes like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Guys just a quick question, what is the difference between a DLE and DLA. Spoke to a person at the field was claiming a lot of things about the DLE.