• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1587.JPG
Well getting there slowly got the stabilizer and the rudder glued in and they square and at right angles. Must say ever since I got my hands on a good laser machine it has helped doing these type of things but I must say it takes twice as long that dam thing shows everything and you end up fussing till it is dead on perfect. When we did it squares and looking down the line and tape measure it was quicker but not as accurate and that takes much less time.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well all I can say right now is back in the late eighties the company's sure bid hand you box of stringers and balsa blocks. The only stamp and crush parts are the ribs the rest is strips and blocks of balsa and you have to turn it into an aeroplane. Then on top of that I had to make a bunch of changes man we are a sad bunch of aeroplane builders. Boys this is a sickness and we love it.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I quite like :yesss:

--------------

Got my rudder servo installed, rudder control horn glued in, and firewall glued in. Waiting on epoxy to dry and then I'll finish the rudder linkage and then figure out how far I need to space the engine..

17991100_10213667318024165_8882012357969734142_n.jpg

17991160_10213667318304172_52505715172243481_n.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would like to start to build my wings but I am not able to buy a sleeve for a 3/4 inch diameter tube. Have any of you made a tube if so how did you do it. Some help would be appreciated.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
This may be helpful. It is for fiberglass. I have seen some for paper builds. Hope the link works. If it doesn't just do a google search for how to build your own wing tube sleeve or something along those lines. https://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81143

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This may be helpful. It is for fiberglass. I have seen some for paper builds. Hope the link works. If it doesn't just do a google search for how to build your own wing tube sleeve or something along those lines. https://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81143
Thank for the help.