• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the Aerobeez 87 inch Typhoon is built completely. Only thing is missing is six servos, batteries and a receiver. Hope to find most of the stuff at JoeNall. The only things that is a stumbling block is the receiver, do not know what Spectrum is going to do with there 12 channel power safe receivers.
I thought the Typhoon is the 78" airplane isn't it? A power expander sounds like over kill for that size plane in my opinion. something like a Spektrum 9020 should be more than enough for that airplane.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I use the power expanders, Smart-Fly, to protect components and ensure everything stays powered come what may. Even with a smaller giants scale there is a lot of expense, why not protect it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for all the support and advice. I was thinking of out fitting this plane with all the correct components so that when I finish my ViperST for next year I can just strip it all out of the Typhoon and install it in to the Viper ST. (This is one of Terry's Viper kits.) Just trying to save a little money in the long run. Servos is another item needed. Hopefully I can buy a set of MKS777 at JoeNall for $100. Each would like to try them read a lot about them but never seen one or used one. When it comes to servos it is difficult to choose. I would like to stay around 100 plus or minus 10.
Thanks for all the advice.

BalsaDust

IMG_7375.JPG

Looks there I know own my first twin. VVRC 40cc twin that is.

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Curious how you linked the two Futaba Rx's - Pretty neat

They are linked using a 18sz and r7008sb receivers. When you go to the system menu to link them it has an option for dual receivers. Gives you 16 channels to program for what ever function you want. These are just setup to be redundant they both do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk