• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I have never heard of such a design! Pretty neat! Probably a little late, but a short build thread on this plane could be fun to tune in on.

BalsaDust

I have never heard of such a design! Pretty neat! Probably a little late, but a short build thread on this plane could be fun to tune in on.

When I start working on it there will be a build thread. Wing still needs to be built and I see a lot of places in the fuse I can remove material to cut some weight. The one design is a pretty neat looking bird in my opinion. Kinda looks like they took a Pitts s-1 fuse and slapped some extra 300 wings on it. It won't be a 3D bird but should be a nice scale aerobatic flyer. This meens I need another 55cc sized engine now. With all the room I can never cowl I think a 60 twin pumping smoke would be sweet.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the Aerobeez 87 inch Typhoon is built completely. Only thing is missing is six servos, batteries and a receiver. Hope to find most of the stuff at JoeNall. The only things that is a stumbling block is the receiver, do not know what Spectrum is going to do with there 12 channel power safe receivers.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Spent about 4 hours just cleaning stuff up and reorganizing, sometimes I just get started and the next thing I know 4 hours have gone by. It's kinda therapeutic I guess....

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the Aerobeez 87 inch Typhoon is built completely. Only thing is missing is six servos, batteries and a receiver. Hope to find most of the stuff at JoeNall. The only things that is a stumbling block is the receiver, do not know what Spectrum is going to do with there 12 channel power safe receivers.

What about using a power expander? Like the new Booma AR Smart Bus or a Powerbox Pro from Redwing? Been thinking about that myself

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent about 4 hours just cleaning stuff up and reorganizing, sometimes I just get started and the next thing I know 4 hours have gone by. It's kinda therapeutic I guess....

well... I do that just in time to mess it up again! I keep dreaming that a 93" Reflex Laser will be on my bench... just counting my fun tickets and making lots of delicious dinners for my lovely wife :concern:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What about using a power expander? Like the new Booma AR Smart Bus or a Powerbox Pro from Redwing? Been thinking about that myself

I agree with you but the spectrum receivers made the installation simple. The one that I am looking at is the one from boomaAR there lowest model, I believe it will do the trick.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs hi Eric how are things. Need to ask you a question about the West Wing Paint, have you used it And how did it work out. I have some concerns but seeing I have not used it, I am hoping you have with good results.
@stangflyer

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@ericrs hi Eric how are things. Need to ask you a question about the West Wing Paint, have you used it And how did it work out. I have some concerns but seeing I have not used it, I am hoping you have with good results.
@stangflyer
Things are finally slowing down a little bit with work. I have not got to painting yet, but with that being said I am planning on starting today. I am thinking about doing a little write up of how I go about it. I am not very good at things like that, but I can give it a try. Now I need to go and get painting!