• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use air tool oil for all nitro engines , just a small squirt and flip it over a couple of time and your good for years .
Nitro engine are prone to have bearings go bad , the nitro fuel thats in the crankcase draws moisture towards to and then bearing issues start.:oblong:

Well everything gets stored in my bone dry basement so hopefully that will offset some of the premature moisturizing :oblong:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 93398 View attachment 93399 View attachment 93400

Building a 66% Senoirita. Comes out to a 44" span and ubber light weight. Fuse as it sets in the picture is 1.23oz. Will get a blue wonder setup.
Been fun building it but takes a little time. All framework in the fuse is 1/8" square sticks so I'm using wood glue over ca as ca will wick into the wood to much and make the wood itself brittle
Looks like a cool little bird bro.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Almost finished with the basement. Just have to trim the window.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Looks great all you need now is to fill it with tolls and planes.
How or what is the ceiling done with looks different.
Thanks bro. I have a hangar out back for all my planes and toys. The house belongs to the wife. :D
Speaking of which, the ceiling was all her idea. It's white bead board paneling. We ripped it into strips about 14 1/2" wide. Then it's laid in between the engineered joist. Works out well. Still gives you access to wires and pipes and such cause you can just slide a panel out if the way. But you don't loose headroom like you would with a drop ceiling.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks bro. I have a hangar out back for all my planes and toys. The house belongs to the wife. :D
Speaking of which, the ceiling was all her idea. It's white bead board paneling. We ripped it into strips about 14 1/2" wide. Then it's laid in between the engineered joist. Works out well. Still gives you access to wires and pipes and such cause you can just slide a panel out if the way. But you don't loose headroom like you would with a drop ceiling.
That's a great idea if only I can remember this some years down the road when I need it, looks good and I like idea.