• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I just finished this up for a fellow club member. Had a little help from @Decal Dennis.

image.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Playing with slimers again tonight. Ran the Traxxas Revo through its second tank of nitro tonight, something didn't seem right though because the clutch was engaging the moment the engine turned over, wouldn't run unless the wheels were off the ground. Well turns out the clutch spring broke inside.

16716153_10212927590331435_6660804457974244756_o.jpg

Glad I have a T-Maxx to play with tomorrow, the rain is gonna kill the airplanes for tomorrow :(

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Helped a friend startup a Sato 85 R3 radial four stroke. What a beautiful engine. Mounted the engine and got it running. Man do those engines make a nice sound. It started up after the second flip we were both shocked. It ran good and everything going good. After two tanks we changed the standard exhaust for the Kelo ring exhaust. What an improvement in the sound. The problem we ran into was that number 2 cylinder was running very cold. We worked on it for while but had to quit because it was getting late. We said we work on it on another day. Still no sure what happened. Did the plug go dead, ignition failed not sure. Thinking of putting the original exhaust back on and see what happens. Does any body any suggestions.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
If I wanted a real truck I wouldn't be able to afford the airplanes LOL :laughing:
About three times that of a T-Max, about a third more than a Revo, and about the same as the X-Mass. But ohhh sooooo much more of a truck, I actually gave my T-Max and Revo away after getting the Rampage.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Went to get the T-Maxx tuned up today and the neighbor came out and start cursing up a storm at me for driving it in the street :oblong::confused: Guess he had nothing better to do today. :rolleyes:

Charging up airplanes now, we're going flying tomorrow!!!