• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Look what showed up today!

image.jpg
image.jpg

But before I can start on it, I have to finish putting all this pine on the basement walls. Hoping I'll be able to finish the basement project this Saturday. Sunday at the latest. Then it will be time to start on the 99!

image.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I finally started to work on my 107" Pilot Edge! I've had the thing for at least a year and a half now and have done absolutely nothing with it until last night. Put 2 servos into the left wing panel and was going to continue to the right panel before I realized I don't have any harnesses or aluminum servo arms :oblong:

20170201_183132.jpg

Hard to tell but there's 2 HSB-9380TH's in there :D

I have the left wing of my TDRC FW 190 just about buttoned up. Have the flap and aileron servos hooked up to the flippy floppy thingies. Just need to finalize the
TDRC MPX servo extensions with some female plugs.

Bought an EME 70 for the FW 190 earlier this week. Will be here tomorrow. Was hoping to find a Zenoah GT 80 that has been converted to EI for the FW, as I'm going to need the nose weight, but I have not had any luck. But the EME 70 has the rear output shaft on it, so I can add a remote starter to it, once I get the CG figured out. :) If I need to add weight, I may as well make it useful.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not much airplane related stuff the past few nights, but last night and tonight I tackled this Traxxas T-Maxx TRX2.5 engine. It was stuck from what I'm assuming was a bunch of gunk inside and not having been ran for years. Tore it down, stuck the case, crank, and piston assembly into a cup of nitro fuel and let it sit overnight. It must have worked because it didn't take much to free it up come this morning :)

20170204_114619.jpg

I test fired the engine on the bench and it roared to life so back in the truck it went.

Discovered that the fuel inlet assembly on the carb has stripped out from the carb, causing a big leak. Tried to seal it with some red RTV but to no luck, a new carb is only 30 bucks though. I think I'm also going to buy a new EZ Start box, I got the truck for free so if it only costs 50 bucks to get it back to 100% then I'm all for that!

Charging up the Aerobeez 91" Slick as I type this for some flying tomorrow morning.

Rusty 73

100cc
I use air tool oil for all nitro engines , just a small squirt and flip it over a couple of time and your good for years .
Nitro engine are prone to have bearings go bad , the nitro fuel thats in the crankcase draws moisture towards to and then bearing issues start.:oblong:

BalsaDust

IMG_7043.JPG
IMG_7049.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG

Building a 66% Senoirita. Comes out to a 44" span and ubber light weight. Fuse as it sets in the picture is 1.23oz. Will get a blue wonder setup.
Been fun building it but takes a little time. All framework in the fuse is 1/8" square sticks so I'm using wood glue over ca as ca will wick into the wood to much and make the wood itself brittle