• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 91004 Well boys it is done and ready for the 2017 season cannot wait to fly it. The decathelon is rebuilt, reprogrammed with 8 new HV JR and Savox servos new 12 channel 2.4 receiver, IBec, gas tank, engine cleaned carb rebuilt and exhaust cleaned up inside, suspension rebuilt, 2 new 1350 mA0 batteries. After all that decided to give it a wax job and I mean old fashion carnauba wax job that hard stuff out of a small flat round can. It looks good. I must say every time I us this stuff it reminds me of days when I was around 12 when I had help my dad clean and wax his car on a Saturday afternoon noon the smell from good old carnauba wax is very distinctive and brings back memories.
You really must share your technique of applying the wax. Never used it so don't know what the advantages are.

I attempted to start cleaning my shop last night................................... What have I gotten myself into!

View attachment 90930

Gonna throw 75% of the crap on my build table away. Gotta get my FW going, along with my AJ rebuild and then a couple of customer jobs this winter. The customer jobs will pay for the electric Robart retracts for my FW. Alteady have the engine, just need a muffler for my 55.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Gonna throw 75% of the crap on my build table away. Gotta get my FW going, along with my AJ rebuild and then a couple of customer jobs this winter. The customer jobs will pay for the electric Robart retracts for my FW. Alteady have the engine, just need a muffler for my 55.

See you have an AJ how has it and are you enjoying the plane just picked up one from AJ two weeks ago. Looks fantastic and extremely well finished and built have not flown it yet but it is the best ARF I have purchased to date. Which AJ do you have or rebuilding.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

@stangflyer hi there this a video I found that is reasonably good. I do it a little different because it is on a plane and no large panels. Note good carnauba wax is always in flat round can and is hard. You need to spend at least $30 dollars and up for a good can of carnauba wax. Not a liquid. The only thing is make sure the plane it dry and if have just cleaned it with windex let it sit for a day to dry out before you wax it. I wax the hole wing and then rub it out and then wax the fuse and rub it out you do not let it dry out as soon as it is waxed you can rub it off. It is addictive the more times you do it the better it looks, hope this helps.

See you have an AJ how has it and are you enjoying the plane just picked up one from AJ two weeks ago. Looks fantastic and extremely well finished and built have not flown it yet but it is the best ARF I have purchased to date. Which AJ do you have or rebuilding.

Have a 93" Laser. Really enjoy flying it with just a little ole 3W 55xi, and a full tuned pipe.

They fly real light. Mine was 19ish, but feather light feeling.

A friend of mine wants my 93", after I put a new firewall in it.

thurmma

150cc
Cut a hole in the firewall of the second 330LX :) Can't imagine why anyone would cut a hole in a firewall that was perfectly fine;)

Also ordered an Aerobeez 48" Banchee to replace the 3DHS 48" Yak-54 that met an early demise today :( It should be here around Wednesday I am hoping.

thurmma

150cc
Whew! I found something to cover the hole in the firewall :)

20161108_142739.jpg