• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That video is what helped influence the decision :)

I was honestly surprised just how fun this little airplane is. It feels like a bigger airplane but still extremely durable and compact enough to take with you anywhere. I took mine out on the river with us the last time we were out there and flew it off of a sandbar.

.facebook_1478793970343.jpg

I have a complete build thread published here with all of the tips and tricks you would need to know:

http://giantscalenews.com/threads/new-aerobeez-48-mini-banshee.8941/

thurmma

150cc
I worked on the Mini-Banshee tonight. Almost done with it. Just need to add the control horns and electronics then it will be time for fun. I would love to upload a picture but, the system seems to be having problems at this time. Wish we had the old stable system back :(

Mini-BansheeWeb.jpg

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent some time today repairing a bent header and two bent canisters today. I did some horse trading with our club president for a new in the box DA 120 for the Hangar 9 Extra 300x and he through in the set of damaged exhaust. He ran out of gas in a hover and pancaked his airplane which bent the stingers back and kinked them and pushed in the bottom of the cans. It also bent one header. This exhaust was nearly new, so I figure I'd give repairing it a try.

I plan on posting some pictures, but it seems I can't right now. I believe others are experiencing the same issues.

Wacobipe

100cc
I spent some time today repairing a bent header and two bent canisters today. I did some horse trading with our club president for a new in the box DA 120 for the Hangar 9 Extra 300x and he through in the set of damaged exhaust. He ran out of gas in a hover and pancaked his airplane which bent the stingers back and kinked them and pushed in the bottom of the cans. It also bent one header. This exhaust was nearly new, so I figure I'd give repairing it a try.

I plan on posting some pictures, but it seems I can't right now. I believe others are experiencing the same issues.
Looking forward to the repair posts...should be good! (Not that I expect t ever need the technique as I never damage anything....but others at the field could use the help :confused::confused::confused:)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hopefully Tuesday will bring me a Pilot 78" Extra 330sc. My shop is bone naked right now:(. Gas tank is bone dry too :concern: so the Pilot will be electrified as a 12s :attaboy:. Was originally going to do the Hamilton Edge but saw a video of it flying and was some what disappointed seeing how it flew. It appeared to be excessively hot on landing and a bit unstable in the low and slow corner of the street. Previous versions 25 through 42 cent were great slow flyers and could land so slow you only rolled out a few feet. Well.......I'm typing this post in my naked shop so that's what I did:rolleyes:.