• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok all you work shop doers.......Question........Can I carefully heat up this EPP foam stuff to get warps and uneven surfaces straight?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
EPP or EPO? Typically EPO can be re-molded using the 'Elapor soup' method but EPP is a bit tougher and usually you just need to bend it the opposite way.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
EPP or EPO? Typically EPO can be re-molded using the 'Elapor soup' method but EPP is a bit tougher and usually you just need to bend it the opposite way.

I believe it is the EPO Tanner. I think my QQ is the EPP. So what is this soup talkin?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:) The "Turbo" spinner showed up at me door.......:fist_pump:........:( ran it to check its awesomeness and discovered the bearings in the new motor have gone south :face-palm:...........Guess my CHEAP HK plane has got some more shop time :ooh?:.........Did I mention this plane is NOT cheap at all!?.........:ugh:.

Yep every thing smooth as silk until 8k rpm then it shakes like a vibrator. I can move the shaft up and down as if no bearings at all???.......I wonder if the stator bearing housings have cracked ??? will know soon enough but my zeal for electric is going crapola real fast :dancing-poop:. All these issues are just a bunch of frogs on the lily pads in my lake of pain :lol2:.

20160408_215116.jpg
20160408_215130.jpg
20160408_215153.jpg
20160408_215215.jpg

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
:) The "Turbo" spinner showed up at me door.......:fist_pump:........:( ran it to check its awesomeness and discovered the bearings in the new motor have gone south :face-palm:...........Guess my CHEAP HK plane has got some more shop time :ooh?:.........Did I mention this plane is NOT cheap at all!?.........:ugh:.

Yep every thing smooth as silk until 8k rpm then it shakes like a vibrator. I can move the shaft up and douwn as if no bearings at all???.......I wonder if the stator bearing housings have cracked ??? will know soon enough but my zeal for electric is going crapola real fast :dancing-poop:. All these issues are just a bunch of frogs on the lily pads in my lake of pain :lol2:.

View attachment 54098 View attachment 54099 View attachment 54100 View attachment 54101

You know what they say, "Buy nice or buy twice!" :D

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need some guidance on my Viper build. Just about to glue the clear canopy on to the plane. See some people are fiberglasing the front beck with 1/2 oz glass and epoxy is this just so that it can be painted, or is there some other reason.