• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I never had luck with Klass Kote matching the missile red. Mine was way way way off.
Oh man, don't tell me that! A 1/2 pint of white and a 1/2 pint of Missile Red, along with the catalyst, was $125! If it doesn't match I'm going to commit Harri-Kari.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Is that the price for Klass Côte. Man that is expensive. There has to be something else you can use. I have been using Stits it is good paint but I do believe it is not as hard. Don't get wrong Stits is not cheap.
@ericrs hi, got the cowl fitted to engine and the fuse but when I went to clamp the cowl to the ring ended up with a little extra cowl. Did that happen to you. Got to solve this first now. The split it as tight as it will go. Really do not want to cut a wedge out of the cowl to get rid of the extra glass. Added a small piece of paper behind it so that you can see the gap.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 181

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Is that the price for Klass Côte. Man that is expensive. There has to be something else you can use. I have been using Stits it is good paint but I do believe it is not as hard. Don't get wrong Stits is not cheap.
@ericrs hi, got the cowl fitted to engine and the fuse but when I went to clamp the cowl to the ring ended up with a little extra cowl. Did that happen to you. Got to solve this first now. The split it as tight as it will go. Really do not want to cut a wedge out of the cowl to get rid of the extra glass. Added a small piece of paper behind it so that you can see the gap.
No I didn't have any extra. Mine fit perfectly.

BalsaDust

Chris, I liked your little video, but there's nothing "strange" about the process. If I remember correctly, Faye Stilley showed the glass method in one of his two books on covering airplanes. It's amazing what that guy could do with Monocote. I've never tried it myself, but I'm going to have to learn when I get my Stick built.

Never seen that book. I know others have done it and it was actually me seeing pictures of Colton Clark doing it on a profile he built that convinced me to try it. One of the old probros that passed away a couple years ago did a video of it as well but I can't find it. Now that I think about it I think his might of been posted on Vimeo though not YouTube.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi @ericrs well got the problem resolved worked out the extra cowl that needed to be tightened up. Need a 0.0045 inch shim cut one warped it around the cowl ring and everything was tight. Glued it all up will see in a few hours how it all came out.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it is nice to look at a new motor I do it all the time. And then we take this beautiful looking engine and stick it in to a cowl. Best we can do is stick a big sticker on the cowl to tell everybody that there a nice looking motor in there.