• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sitting in shop and looking at the Typhoon with an engine that will not run and needs some work. But made it so complicated to fit the motor in the fuselage a difficult plane to do maintenance on. Thinking I should just remove the engine strip everything of the front and remove the inner bulkheads for the motor, air chamber and the electrical system bulkhead. And then install the electrical power system that I have purchased for the Timber 110. Not sure but looks like the way to go and find something else to power the Timber.

91FDEBF9-BCE7-432F-A0DF-7E94EB091419.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I dropped a 4-40 nut on my shop floor today. No idea where it went even though I searched and searched. Probably joined it's 1000's and 1000's of siblings that reside somewhere in my shop. :mad:
I know what you mean I tell you if I ever find that black hole in my shop I will be a rich man.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The 3W engine problem is not going to well. Striped it out of the pattern ship plane mounted the engine on the test stand and it is doing the same as what it was doing at the field. Checked the ignition got spark. Fuel is getting to the carb it is sucking it up. Checked the spark plug looks good no grounding. Got spark, fuel and air it should run but it does not. Looks like there may be something wrong with the carburetor or the Reed valves. Going to open it up and have a look.
When it is being chocked it will just burp, then switch the choke off and try to start it it will just burp for a second and that is it will just not run.
EC312FFA-373F-413D-959E-C02859D21DCD.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Will rebuild the carb and check the reeds put all back together and see if it runs. Then decided if I will continue to put money in to it, like buy a new carburetor and or a new ignition.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The 3W engine problem is not going to well. Striped it out of the pattern ship plane mounted the engine on the test stand and it is doing the same as what it was doing at the field. Checked the ignition got spark. Fuel is getting to the carb it is sucking it up. Checked the spark plug looks good no grounding. Got spark, fuel and air it should run but it does not. Looks like there may be something wrong with the carburetor or the Reed valves. Going to open it up and have a look.
When it is being chocked it will just burp, then switch the choke off and try to start it it will just burp for a second and that is it will just not run.
View attachment 110930

Just a hunch but it seems the timing is way off. Pull the prop hub shaft adaptor nut and see if the hub has moved on the crank shaft.
A bent or sheared key could be the issue.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a hunch but it seems the timing is way off. Pull the prop hub shaft adaptor nut and see if the hub has moved on the crank shaft.
A bent or sheared key could be the issue.

Thanks for that did not think of that maybe because I have not had a prop strike or anything like that, but will check and see if something has moved.