• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Designed a tail wheel bracket for my 110” timber... couple little things left and then time to print it. OEM is 1.4” wheel, this would be for a 1.75-2” wheel
9ED2AAC9-E76F-412E-90B1-8B3CA1C3D9FB.jpeg
BCC2DEDA-52E5-4B67-9788-EAD120AD4843.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Working on the 42-3W today and believe the ignition is toast it just sparks sporadically, while trying to check and set the timing . And @49dimes checked the keys look good do not believe anything slipped. Just need a new ignition.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok gentlemen I am frustrated and at a loss. Been trying to check the ignition on my 3W-42 and the timing. It may be broken but not sure right now. Been trying to get it to spark all day nothing. But then I remember that @acerc used a drill on his engine so I tried that and guess what happened at first it did not work but when I sped up the drill it started to work . Have ordered a new ignition anyway just in case. Ok now I have spark only at high RPM. How the hell can I now set the timing with motor turning at that speed. Tried an automotive timing light but nothing. Need something that will tell me when the sensor over the magnet is open and closed on 3W set-up, can anyone help please.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I could not figure out the 3W wiring, even Gerhard could not tell me how it worked. Just another reason I went to the RCEXCEL, it is much easier to time and has a nice (useable) rpm connection. It can also easily be timed and tested with the RCEXCEL tools.