• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

congrats on the win, let me know if you need any help with it. maybe a build thread over at multirotorforums.com is in order?

which flight controller did it come with? NAZE? CC3D? something else?

Bart what's your preferred flight controller? My 250 quad has a cc3d in it and I need to do some tuning on it. The quad flys awesome but I would like to set my first flight mode up to have the quad be super stable for when I finally put my fpv gear on it and start learning fpv. Any suggestions or a link to a thread over on multirotor forums where I can ask the question.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally finished up the Crack Laser this evening. Got a couple flights on it and I think I'm really going to like it. It flys very stable and will slow down to a crawl.

View attachment 37732
Looks good Mike!
I need to get some 3S packs for my Crack Pitts and try it again. I just never cared for it on the recommended 2S packs, but one of the guys at the field says his flew much better on 3S. I need to give it a try.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
my personal favorite is the Hoverfly PRO for a fun flyer but for racing the NAZE 32 seems to be preferred over the CC3D. I just sold my 250 with CC3D to a friend of mine and I'll be starting a few custom 250 racers for myself later this week. I"m using Hoverfly as a goof I guess but will go to NAZE 32 when I have to get serious about it.
You can post that question in the FPV racing sub forum if that's the type of heli you've got it on....
http://multirotorforums.com/forums/fpv-racing.86/

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Looks good Mike!
I need to get some 3S packs for my Crack Pitts and try it again. I just never cared for it on the recommended 2S packs, but one of the guys at the field says his flew much better on 3S. I need to give it a try.
Thanks bro.
Ya the Crack Yak and Laser fly great on 2s. I'm sure the Pitts is a bit heavier.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here's a video my wife shot for me of the Laser maiden. She used my ipad so I'm not sure about the quality. This is the first time I've uploaded an ipad video to YouTube. We'll see how it looks.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We are hosting a Quad race at our field this year. I can't wait to see it. Some racers from St. Louis are putting it on and just using our field. I've heard some impressive number for expected turn out. It should be interesting.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
We are hosting a Quad race at our field this year. I can't wait to see it. Some racers from St. Louis are putting it on and just using our field. I've heard some impressive number for expected turn out. It should be interesting.
That would be fun to watch. I'll try and make it if I can.