• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@Jetpainter
Now I'm wondering if those magnets might have been the cause of the crash in the first place? But I guess they could have came loose on impact.

Let us know how the re-maiden goes.:way_to_go:
After the crash, the motor was much hotter than normal. I pulled it apart and the rear bearing had totally disintegrated. The balls and cage were gone. The magnets were in the right places then. I remember because I spent a fair amount of time cleaning small pieces of metal off of them before I reassembled it with new bearings and shaft. Hard to say if they were really still attached at that time.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it still flies! The remaiden went well other than the nervous pilot. Other than a couple of turns on the tail rotor push rod the setup was pretty good. Between the new motor and a different brand of main blades it sounds quite a bit different, but it seemed smoother than before.

One thing I didn't like ,was I noticed when I was carrying it by the rotor head that it had some vertical play in the main shaft, so when I got home I added another shim and it feels pretty good now.

20150816_130512_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well it still flies! The remaiden went well other than the nervous pilot. Other than a couple of turns on the tail rotor push rod the setup was pretty good. Between the new motor and a different brand of main blades it sounds quite a bit different, but it seemed smoother than before.

One thing I didn't like ,was I noticed when I was carrying it by the rotor head that it had some vertical play in the main shaft, so when I got home I added another shim and it feels pretty good now.

View attachment 37707
Glad it went well. That baby sure looks great out in the sun.:yesss:

HornetNZ

50cc
Well not in the workshop, but I won a full MassiveRC 250-size quad kit this weekend at RCEFF! I had been considering getting one since trying fpv out with the nqx, so this was an awesomely perfect prize! All its missing is the fpv camera & transmitter. Was a great weekend of flying, and got to meet some of the CrashCast crew too!

Attachments

• 2015-08-16 20.29.25.jpg
    2015-08-16 20.29.25.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 164

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well not in the workshop, but I won a full MassiveRC 250-size quad kit this weekend at RCEFF! I had been considering getting one since trying fpv out with the nqx, so this was an awesomely perfect prize! All its missing is the fpv camera & transmitter. Was a great weekend of flying, and got to meet some of the CrashCast crew too!

Nice score bro!:way_to_go:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!

congrats on the win, let me know if you need any help with it. maybe a build thread over at multirotorforums.com is in order?

which flight controller did it come with? NAZE? CC3D? something else?