• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

I am also putting the batteries between F3 and F4.
I am trying to devise a way to make it very easy to remove the batteries.

I have to come up with some form of battery box or something. Anyone have any ideas.

again, this airplane will have a tendency to be nose heavy. so batteries will be back.

IMG_0384.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just had to say. Look at #130 at the picture of the T nut in the wood upsides down. Very good camera. Look at the threads in the T nut it is barely a groove in the metal. No wonder we always have trouble with them. Good picture. Boy that makes me think.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Questions on holding the battery's in place. Like to use a light plywood plate under the battery with some round holes in it under the battery and two sets of slots on the sides for 1 inch Velcro straps. The put 1/4 sponge between the battery and the plate with holes this stop it from sliding. Two straps at each end of the battery and then pulled tight. This is how I have done it in the last couple planes with good success.

Just had to say. Look at #130 at the picture of the T nut in the wood upsides down. Very good camera. Look at the threads in the T nut it is barely a groove in the metal. No wonder we always have trouble with them. Good picture. Boy that makes me think.

It may be the way the camera took the picture. There are threads in there for sure and it is pretty snug. I just removed the clamps on the cover for the blind nuts. Now the blind nuts are covered, and they cannot pop off.
IMG_0387.JPG

I also replaced the tail wheel and the mount, and the threads are holding (so far!!).
But i do see your point. If you do remove and replace the screws, over time, the threads do wear out. I hear ya.

i was considering some form of battery holding device, that the rectangular shaped battery can seat into, and it is closed on the far side, so it captures the battery, then I only have to fasten it with one velcro strap. Let me see if I can draw something up.

LOL!! I know.
I can tell you, when I am in surgery, it is the most peaceful time for me. I love to be in the operating room. During the 40 or 50 minutes while I am doing the joint replacement, there is complete silence, very calm environment. It is therapy for me!
Well, I definitely cannot give up my day job, otherwise, there will be no fun with airplanes.

Finished the mounts for the MPX plugs. These have two 2.0 mm screws, and in between the inner and outer spruce, there is a nut for the 2 mm screw, whereby I drilled a hole into the one side, about 2 mm deep, so that the nut would snap into, with glue.

IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG

once this step was done, I was able to proceed and glue in the radio tray. Now I know, I can pass all the wires thru with that tray glued on, and the aileron plugs will simply bolt right in. Great to plan ahead!

Also, I have already bolted on the receiver tray to the radio tray. This is from Secraft, and the advantage is, that it has rubber grommets where it attaches to the plywood. This will help cut down the vibrations to the CB 200.
However, with a quad, the vibrations are so much less than a twin or a single.

IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG