• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

I thought the Blue Tape looked good!!

I got more blue tape coming your way Rich!

Well, I am quite satisfied with the bond, there was a tiny bit of the glue that ran off near the rear, but this will be covered with the primer and paint, so no major loss.
IMG_1473.JPG

Overall, there is no step off between rear aspect of the canopy and the turtle-deck, another win for me.

Here is what it looks like now...
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG

here is the junction in the front, and this will be addressed:
IMG_1475.JPG

first, I will cover and protect my canopy, using the vinyl 3M masking tape.... (@Krzy4RC )

IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG

Now, to start working on this canopy/hatch.

I will first sand the front interface, to make is smooth, then using pressured air, move all particles out of the gap.

IMG_1480.JPG

following this, I will use a glazing compound to fill the gap.

IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG

this will be applied to the gap, and once cured, it will be sanded flush.

IMG_1485.JPG

Thank you Bobby! Again, that was one real fun contest!! I appreciate you for organizing it and making it happen.

Well, that cured hard, and sanded easy. The bottle says, you can sand it in 20 minutes.

I waited about one hour, and then sanded it down.

IMG_1486.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG

I then cleaned the area thoroughly and applied the first coat of the resin.

IMG_1488.JPG

Have to wait about 20 minutes, ( i will wait longer), and then sand with 400, then apply the .50 ou cloth.

Calling it a night.
I did sand with the 400, and then I obtained a strip of FG cloth that is 2" wide,.
this is placed over the joint, and resealed with the resin.

tomorrow, this will be sanded again with 400, and then the whole hatch top will be glassed.

2" strip in place...
IMG_1490.JPG

after applying the resin....
IMG_1491.JPG

My camera is no where near as good as yours Rich! My wife looked at those pictures you took, and she too was commenting on how nice the pictures were and of what a great camera it must be to take those pictures.

;)

Rusty 73

100cc
looking great Cam like how you use filler around the canopy transition to smooth it out . Are you using epoxy resin or polyester for the glassing .