• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Hi
It is a water based EZE KOTE

Not epoxy, i had researched it but forgot what the chemical is exactly. Might be similar to a polyurethane. I will update once I find out

WBPU

It is :
water based poly-urethane

Wonder if any different from the stuff you can get at Lowes?

They claim it dries in 20 minutes.

I did not have this experience.

It was still wet one hour later.

I have, in the past, used poly-urethane to glass, and the one I used took about 3 days to dry.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
A lot of people like the Minwax Polycrylic. They claim it's lighter than Epoxy resin, but in all the testing I did a year or so ago I did not find that to be the case, for me anyway. I made several test panels that I weighed as I went, and the Polycrylic panels took more material and more primer to fill weave. It was easier to use, but the finished product with Z-Poxy finishing resin was better and lighter, from a professional painters standpoint. Other peoples results may vary, and everyone has their favorite. Use what works best for you.;)

I have cut out the hole in the bottom of the cowl, and was able to install the mounting screws and t-nuts for the cowl to the fuselage.

IMG_1496.JPG

I want to demonstrate the small step off from cowl to the top of the hatch....

IMG_1497.JPG

i then applied the Dolphin glaze to this, and used the wooden popsicle stick, to make it even, then I used a x-acto blade to split the difference before it cured.

IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG

once it is fully dry, I will sand it smooth and retake the picture. Once this is done, I can primer the cowl, hatch, canopy.

20160603_132957.jpg 20160603_123239.jpg 20160603_132931_001.jpg Not to steel your thunder Orthbird , your 330SP is looks great . Here are some shots of Marks 300ML /330Sp. I just received the carbon gear from China for it and the cuffs from CarDen.
I have built two hatches for it a 2 place and a Single place.
Thanks For looking.
Van

Hi Van, long time since I hear from you. Looks like you are almost done as well! Love the cuffs!

started to sand it down, and both by feel and looking at it, no more step off.

IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG

I am very happy with that.

Now, I want to fill the very small defects, and I used glazing putty here, so no mixing required.

IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

once that cures, a final sanding, then I believe I can primer it all.

Came out real smooth. Forgot to take a picture of it, once it was sanded smooth. I did proceed to primer it. this is after 1st coat. tomorrow, I will sand it and do a 2nd coat.

IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A lot of people like the Minwax Polycrylic. They claim it's lighter than Epoxy resin, but in all the testing I did a year or so ago I did not find that to be the case, for me anyway. I made several test panels that I weighed as I went, and the Polycrylic panels took more material and more primer to fill weave. It was easier to use, but the finished product with Z-Poxy finishing resin was better and lighter, from a professional painters standpoint. Other peoples results may vary, and everyone has their favorite. Use what works best for you.;)

The key to Minwax poly is sanding sealer 1st. Keeps the weight down.