• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

I received a message, and someone wanted to know the length of the airplane.

My 300 ML, I was able to construct it with a removable rudder.

So there are two measurements:

118.24" with the rudder on, from the rear most aspect of the rudder. (300 cm)
IMG_0598.JPG

with the rudder off: 109.5" (278 cm)

IMG_0599.JPG

WOW!!! Holy smokes!

so this system definitely requires some basic knowledge. I just learned so much today thanks to you and Terry.

the other stab came out as good as the 1st one.

Later this evening, the LE and TE will be glued on.
tomorrow, I will sand them down, then set the incidence, and install the T-nuts for the stab screws.

IMG_0600.JPG

SO far so good. I am quite satisfied with the incidence on both stabs. 0.0 degrees, using three different meters.

I proceeded to drill the holes for the tabs, and glue on the hard points for the stab root tabs. DO not want that tightened up against the balsa sheeting. Also glued on the t-nuts from the inside. I could, in theory, glue on the turtle deck now and the fin, but, I do not know how the hatch will be yet, so I will wait for that.

Hard points being glued on. Once it dries, I will sand it flush.
IMG_0602.JPG

Anti-rotation pin is glued on with titebond.

IMG_0603.JPG

Here, the hard points are now sanded flush with balsa sheeting.
IMG_0604.JPG

Stab is installed, to demonstrate the screws. SO far, so good.

IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

Ok, I will be building this with counterbalance on the rudder, elevators, and ailerons.
I have the plans for the rudder, but do not know how to do the elevators.

Should I just use my EF 78" stab, and calculate the ratio?

Let me take some pictures and post, so you all can see what I mean.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi, were you able to buy the safety vacuum relief valve. Got a email back from McMastercar they do not ship to Canada
And I cannot get my hands on one.