• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The vacuum I run at is maximum of 8 and it will drift down to 5. It must be the foam that I was using may be a little softer. Just trying to help. The foam that was being used was 1 pound / cubic foot.
Any way it all looks great and nothing happened that all that counts.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The vacuum I run at is maximum of 8 and it will drift down to 5. It must be the foam that I was using may be a little softer. Just trying to help. The foam that was being used was 1 pound / cubic foot.

I think pretty much all kits available these days use .7lb foam. You'll be fine with no distortion with your range. Admittedly though I put my end caps on after sheeting.

thank you very much Snoopy, I have much less experience than you doing this, it was my 1st time, and I appreciate you, as this gave me an idea of the many things to look for afterwards.

Thanks to Terry as well, for his awesome videos.

I have sheeted the bottom of the stab, and so far, so good.

Should be ready in one hour or so, and then I will sand smooth and show you all my final result.

The right stab, I will sheet both sides at the same time.

IMG_0584.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
You seem to do quite a bit of building, if you plan to do quite a bit and particularly if you are going to leave the pump unattended I'd recommend adding the mechanical safety valve I showed in my thread from McMasters. Not saying it will happen to all of them but my ACP system blew a switch after about the 6th use and it pulled up to 24hg. Luckily I was only doing a sample layup so nothing lost. Since replacing it I've done 5 airplanes without issue.

thank you Terry, I will look that up as well.

One more question, how many times do you use the bag?
SO far, this one has been used two times.

Do you use it once and then discard?

IMG_0586.JPG

ok, I am just really amazed at this bagging technique. the left stab is awesome.

One thing I have noticed in past, once I have glued the sheeting to foam, when it comes to sand it smooth with the foam, if you sand perpendicular to the sheet, usually, it will debond and break the sheeting. But with this technique, the glue is strongly adhered to the edge. Awesome.

the bottom surface:
IMG_0587.JPG

top surface:
IMG_0588.JPG

tabs against the fuselage:
IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 189
was able to get the second stab bagged as well.

This is fun!!

i did both sides at the same time.
(since i now know the novice level use of this system).
'This was also the 3rd time I used the bag, and so far, it is holding up. I do not know how many uses one can get out of it.

I wanted to demonstrate the cut out on the root side of the bottom sheeting, so you all can get an idea of what I did. This will be one solid stab. I like it....:dancing-chicken:
IMG_0596.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG