• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I think it looks amazing Kelly. I am so glad you came back from the dark side. Hoping your flights tomorrow give you great thrill and the Pilot Extra royally kicks butt. Good luck my friend.:way_to_go:

Thanks Rob. Me and @Exagpilot going out late this afternoon. The 330sc does fly really well. Very similar to the Edge but also can get "Tight" on maneuvers. With the SFG's in place wing rock is non existent. Have not brought it to the deck yet mainly because the poor midrange of the engine. And I have to admit "rust" seems to grow on my hands now :lol2:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Definitely going to be a long winter.......:cryin:.

Now I'm a bit rusty but this is due to radio failure :very_angry:.

Both batteries read 90% or better. Damn thing locked up about 200 yards out at about 200 feet up.
When I approached the plane it was snapped in half and pulled both power leads out so I could not see if the AR8000 and remote were blinking or not. Spektrum :cautious: ??? :steamer::steamer::steamer: ? Had to be the new stickers :pink_epic:.

IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1299 (1).JPG

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Both batteries read 90% or better. Damn thing locked up about 200 yards out at about 200 feet up.
When I approached the plane it was snapped in half and pulled both power leads out so I could not see if the AR8000 and remote were blinking or not. Spektrum :cautious: ??? :steamer::steamer::steamer: ? Had to be the new stickers :pink_epic:.

View attachment 98642 View attachment 98643
Dammit man. :(

Alky6

150cc
Dammit man. :(

Ah crap! Very sorry Kelly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking on the bright side......The first pic is exactly how I found it after impact. All balled up nice and neat ready to be toted off to the scrap heap. Guess I need to get the DL50 rebuilt and sold and a DA 70 bought along with a Pilot Edge. Just don't know if Spektrum going to do any more guidance or miss-guidance for that matter.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Boy I hate to see that. Sorry man.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No trust issues with my futaba and FRSKY stuff though I did dumbthumb one in on Saturday.

I had great success with Futaba as long as I kept it all Futaba. When I decided to use blue bird servos Futaba worked great until these new H50B servos showed up and the Futaba gear did not like em. Spektrum however liked em and they worked perfectly. Now these Blue Bird servos are very power hungry and I am thinking I may have browned the receiver. Thing is I just got done with some hard g tumbles and was heading on my down leg for landing at part throttle so no high servo load was being seen by the radio when the gravity storm struck. I am leaning towards "reception". I also wonder if I had the IBEC mounted too close to the Rx? But I have flown it 4 times with no issues. The only thing different this time out is that I made a really long scale like down leg to final. When I turned to the right for final it just stayed with the ailerons locked, slight up elevator and a tad of left rudder. It gently spiraled downward. At about 10 feet from terra firma I saw the nose amazingly pop up as if it was in a hover! So I gunned the throttle but had no response. I hit the kill switch and just let the sticks go to neutral as it flipped over on its back then hit the ground nose in first wings level.

Boy I hate to see that. Sorry man.

Thanks Doug.