• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Man oh man what a tremendous day to fly at Friendly Flyers in Jersey, GA today. @Yak Attack was there tearing it up with his 60" Extreme Flights and his 88" EF Yak. Luckily he heard the cowl rattle when the one bolt let go. @shotgun even showed up and flew a few foamies. @Tim Sutton and @Sutton4211 you fellas missed what will probably be the best flying day of the year!
I know, but maybe everyone will be well and or not be on call next weekend.

This was a while ago. Finally got the video though. Love this airplane.

@Xpress is that the 74" extreme flight yak? If so I have the same one with a 1.60 glow. Haven't flown it in a while because I'm going to gas on everything and I need a DLE 30cc to go on it. You are right. A great flying bird.:I_agree: Thanks for the video!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What was the supposed new rule?
We have a North South and an East West runway. He said that if your flying from the North South runway you can't fly over the East West runway at all. I was the only one flying so I wasn't interfering with anyone else.

If there was a lot of traffic I could see the reasoning, but I checked and just as I thought there is no such rule.

I was a Safety Officer at another club for many years. It's a rotten thankless job. But if your going to do to, know the rules.

thurmma

150cc
Spent 6 hours at the field today!!! It was a blast. First beautiful day for flying this year. I went through more than a gallon of gas between the Edge and the Extra, bringing this years total to over 5 gallons so far :)

MIII6182.jpg MIII6194.jpg MIII6260.jpg MIII6268.jpg MIII6304.jpg MIII6560.jpg MIII6632.jpg MIII6714.jpg MIII6996.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Spent 6 hours at the field today!!! It was a blast. First beautiful day for flying this year. I went through more than a gallon of gas between the Edge and the Extra, bringing this years total to over 5 gallons so far :)

View attachment 14801 View attachment 14802 View attachment 14803 View attachment 14804 View attachment 14805 View attachment 14806 View attachment 14807 View attachment 14808 View attachment 14809
Wow Mark, those are some awesome photo's. The more I see that Extra the more I just really like it. She looks so graceful and peaceful in her element.