• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Thank you Rob. It is really starting to come around. Thought I had the Tillitson figured out, but will be calling DA today to order a DA-100 card for it. Tired of messing with it every time I go out.

Don't call them. The Tillitson is a more "sensitive" carb for adjustments. Get it close, and fly it for a while. 3W and Tillitsons take several gallons to get tuned up. There's nothing wrong with the Tillitson carbs that come on the 3W 100/106/110. :) Tillitsons are all I use on my 3W's, except for that junk WGA9 on my QS 150.

The Walbros have a ubber fine thread or a really light taper on the needles. The Tillitsons are just the opposite. How much fuel do you have thru it?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Even though the skies were overcast, it was warm and zero wind. Decided to take the lil 260 out and be not nice to it. Guess I was nice as I used up four batteries and bringing it home in one piece.
20150316_125643.jpg
20150316_125632.jpg

Still a lot of fun. Even if it's tiny. Lol

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Seeing the vehicle in the background reminds of a incident in the air force housing on base years ago. Base safety calls me about this active duty guy with a Lanier Dart. The guy had never even soloed with a trainer, but he gets that plane fired up and driving it around like a car. He's on the main street and oops it's flying and out of control and hits a brand new truck. No AMA, no renters insurance, no more plane and $800+ damage to truck.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Seeing the vehicle in the background reminds of a incident in the air force housing on base years ago. Base safety calls me about this active duty guy with a Lanier Dart. The guy had never even soloed with a trainer, but he gets that plane fired up and driving it around like a car. He's on the main street and oops it's flying and out of control and hits a brand new truck. No AMA, no renters insurance, no more plane and $800+ damage to truck.
Eeek...not good. In my defense, I have AMA, I've soloed, and its my truck. LOL..... Good thing to keep in mind though huh?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That does bring to mind an incident that happened not long ago. One of the guys at the previous field I used to fly at who was known for, umm....losing a plane on the average of two a week, flew directly into the back of a parked truck. It could not have been more picture perfect for a cross haired target landing. LOL

thurmma

150cc
Don't call them. The Tillitson is a more "sensitive" carb for adjustments. Get it close, and fly it for a while. 3W and Tillitsons take several gallons to get tuned up. There's nothing wrong with the Tillitson carbs that come on the 3W 100/106/110. :) Tillitsons are all I use on my 3W's, except for that junk WGA9 on my QS 150.

The Walbros have a ubber fine thread or a really light taper on the needles. The Tillitsons are just the opposite. How much fuel do you have thru it?
About a gallon and a half since the new rings.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Even though the skies were overcast, it was warm and zero wind. Decided to take the lil 260 out and be not nice to it. Guess I was nice as I used up four batteries and bringing it home in one piece. View attachment 14833 View attachment 14834

Still a lot of fun. Even if it's tiny. Lol
Hey Rob,

I like your little Extra too. I've got the same size (I think) Aeroworks Extra 300 I fly it on 6S and that thing is a BLAST...........:yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

I like your little Extra too. I've got the same size (I think) Aeroworks Extra 300 I fly it on 6S and that thing is a BLAST...........:yesss:
This one is so much fun to "not be nice to" in the air. Full speed inverted, dive just a tiny bit to gain some extra speed. Push up into a wicked flat pop-top. Stalls and just kind of hangs there, then falls straight down, POWER FULL ON and rip it up right rudder knife edge. I'm surprised this things stays together like it does. LOL