• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I've taken on the field co-ordinator job at our club and can sympathize but in reality everyone seems to be very appreciative of the effort so far. When I took on the job I made up my mind to do the best job I can, develop a thick skin and assumed the attitude that "I will listen to suggestions and complaints of only those who have had their A** in the mower seat or otherwise contribute to field maintenance".

That attitude has made my summer much more enjoyable - I think you will find that the vast majority of members really appreciate your efforts. I didn't really want the job and will gladly give it up to anyone who wants to step in but that line-up is pretty short at the moment. ;)

Yes you are so right and yes again and most of the flyers do appreciate it. will do it for this season but it will be somebody's turn next year.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Seems like it was mainly an electric day with a few gassers and some nitros

Haven't seen this plane out in awhile....Leonard's 14 foot Super CUB

20160821_141542.jpg
20160821_141606.jpg
20160821_141614.jpg
20160821_141619.jpg
20160821_141922.jpg

A member brought one of this old control line planes and some RC magazines dating back to 1965

20160821_144504.jpg

20160821_144632.jpg

A couple of electrics I brought out....kinda going back to my roots with that new Multiplex Easystar lol I brought a heli, but didn't fly it.

20160821_144648.jpg

@pawnshopmike

20160821_144654.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just got back from the field. What a nice day!:dancing-chicken:

Mid to high 70's, fairly low humidity, a little breezy but not too bad, and only about 6 flyers all day. I flew the heck out of my Pilot Edge.

For this time of year the weather was awesome!

@Decal Dennis and I spent the day at the Rolla field. Best August day in recent memory for sure! Mid 70's and low humidity. Was a great day.:way_to_go:

While I am very happy for both of you getting some flight time and having a really great Sunday, I will also offer, Ya'll ain't playing fair. Talking about the awesome weather and then tossing in that 70's temperature comment. All the while, we still be suffernin' the sub and on the money 100's. Ugh.... I love the summer, but this is starting to get old. LOL. I guess it's the price we pay for being able to fly almost year round.

On another note, My son @Shayne Epley did pretty awesome at the IMAC event this weekend. Both of us being as new to the sport as babes in the cradle, we really didn't know what to expect and most definitely didn't even expect to score half way decent. But that damn kid of mine, ran away with perfect scores and bagged himself a first place in Basic. I wasn't able to compete today as I had prior commitments. I guess I did ok... I came home with a third place. Not bad for a three man race with only one of those three competing both days. LOL....what a great time I had though. That to me is worth everything. And the IMAC guys are not unlike all the 3D pilots I have gotten to know. They be just about the best darn people in the world.
happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I went out to the flying field twice yesterday and the weather was quite nice with temps in the mid to upper 80's and nobody showed up. I went out again this morning for about 3 hours and nobody else ever showed up again :confused:. Since I have never liked to fly alone, I didn't get to fly at all this weekend. . . . . :(