• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
While I am very happy for both of you getting some flight time and having a really great Sunday, I will also offer, Ya'll ain't playing fair. Talking about the awesome weather and then tossing in that 70's temperature comment. All the while, we still be suffernin' the sub and on the money 100's. Ugh.... I love the summer, but this is starting to get old. LOL. I guess it's the price we pay for being able to fly almost year round.

On another note, My son @Shayne Epley did pretty awesome at the IMAC event this weekend. Both of us being as new to the sport as babes in the cradle, we really didn't know what to expect and most definitely didn't even expect to score half way decent. But that damn kid of mine, ran away with perfect scores and bagged himself a first place in Basic. I wasn't able to compete today as I had prior commitments. I guess I did ok... I came home with a third place. Not bad for a three man race with only one of those three competing both days. LOL....what a great time I had though. That to me is worth everything. And the IMAC guys are not unlike all the 3D pilots I have gotten to know. They be just about the best darn people in the world.
View attachment 85888
The 70's with low humidity here will be short lived. By Wednesday it's back to about 90 with 70% humidity.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just got home from an IMAC contest in Columbia, MO. Had a great time. Didn't fly real well but, still had a blast!
I can now see why you, Robert (@Robotech) and so many others say this is an addiction. I and my son are pretty hooked and can't wait till we can start competing regularly. I am just really thrilled that no matter how well you fly, you have a really great time either way. I am thinking this is a double threat. (An addiction within an addiction) Hook me up, stick the needle in and pump the drug in.:yesss:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Maiden'd the 48" Mini Banshee tonight, this thing flies AWESOME!!! Flew the 91" Slick this weekend too, very fun weekend :yesss:

20160821_193654.jpg

yakken

100cc
I went out to the flying field twice yesterday and the weather was quite nice with temps in the mid to upper 80's and nobody showed up. I went out again this morning for about 3 hours and nobody else ever showed up again :confused:. Since I have never liked to fly alone, I didn't get to fly at all this weekend. . . . . :(

you are welcome to come to my event on sept 24th. your not that far away. its a giant scale only event.