• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Oh those absolutely aren't me. They are my buddy Justin Owen ( @Yak Attack ). He is incredible. You can hear me on that video yesterday, "it ain't my plane, it ain't my thumbs, but I'm still scared."

I can do a little bit of 3D, but anything other than Harriers and Hovers happens way up high.

BJ Swope

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have watched your vids, and I am in awe. I need to practice more, and more, and more, I love to Instruct. After I helped my students with binding and programming and test flying many planes They asked me if it was to windy to fly my Yak, My reply is the same every time
"Is my hat still on my Head" They answer Yeh, and I reply then I guess it is not to windy. LOL!!! Besides it gives my students confidence in their Instructor, But I also use this Quote From Clint Eastwood, "A Man has to know his limitations" I love to play in the wind.

Vanity! LoL
@flycanic I was reading your post and thought to myself....Over that Crap!(My flying vid) LoL and then noticed you quoted BJ!LoL

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Nice flying 49dimes. I thought that was BJ flying my mistake, I guess I need to pay closer attention. I was out flying in the gusty 20 to 30 knot winds. Could have got a lot more cool stuff if I had just charged my camera. One thing I pay very close attention to with my planes. My Yak only has two Duralite 2600 exb packs, one for the ignition and one for the onboard power. Just ordered a 5200 for the onboard power so I do not need to charge the receiver pack every 40 minutes of flight. The 2600 ignition pack only gets charged once every 4 times on the receiver pack

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Best spot for a dead stick!
I was one lucky SOB!
WOW lucky for sure! We are always looking for that expiration date. Out of nine lives you have 8 left LOL!! nice flying Spats. The FAA would call that an incident, an accident takes to much paper work. LOL!!

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Oh those absolutely aren't me. They are my buddy Justin Owen ( @Yak Attack ). He is incredible. You can hear me on that video yesterday, "it ain't my plane, it ain't my thumbs, but I'm still scared."

I can do a little bit of 3D, but anything other than Harriers and Hovers happens way up high.

BJ Swope
Same here. I do like to practice rollers in the wind way up high, plane stay in one spot longer. not so many circuits needed LOL!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Finally got to do one maiden flight on the PAU. Too bad the video is cell phone quality. But ya'll get the idea. 16 mph winds gusting to over 21. Heck with it, If I can't maiden in the wind, I have no business flying right? LOL. This flight was all low rates. Can't wait till I get acquainted with this plane. It's already fun.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Finally got to do one maiden flight on the PAU. Too bad the video is cell phone quality. But ya'll get the idea. 16 mph winds gusting to over 21. Heck with it, If I can't maiden in the wind, I have no business flying right? LOL. This flight was all low rates. Can't wait till I get acquainted with this plane. It's already fun.

Good for you ROB!! That DLE was getten it! You would have thought a DA or MVVS was in it!
Great MAIDEN!:fist_pump: Lots better than mine with my 104. I had to put another few dead presidents in it after my Maiden:cryin:.

thurmma

150cc
I went out tonight and maidened my rebuilt 3DHS 103" Extra 330SC tonight also!. It was an awesome flight. Only 2 clicks of elevator and it was hands free flying straight and level :) Trying to get the video my daughter took to upload, but I do have some pictures of the plane in the air :)

MIII5357.jpg MIII5364.jpg MIII5365.jpg MIII5395.jpg MIII5430.jpg MIII5448.jpg MIII5528.jpg MIII5529.jpg MIII5537.jpg MIII5546.jpg MIII5553.jpg MIII5575.jpg MIII5581.jpg