• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
View attachment 11594 @49dimes love the purple edge Scheme I am a Pilot lover too. Sold my Pilot 26% Sbach last summer. I still have my Pilot 26% Yak, both with the EME 35's here is a photo of Yakman and I doing a photo op after flying the two at our field
View attachment 11591 View attachment 11592 View attachment 11593

Nice! I really enjoy Pilot airframes too! I am also really enjoying the EF 104 Extra.
I got a DA 70 needing a home in either the Pilot or 3DHS YAK 55M. I think the 3DHS is lighter than the Pilot! and the cowl is slightly larger round to swallow up the engine! and 91" span vice 88" span. I think 3DHS YAK is going to win out unless Tony gets something out soon! He did get a really nice 330sc but I want the YAK 55 to really practice rollers with. I have heard good reports about the YAK 55 M.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nice! I really enjoy Pilot airframes too! I am also really enjoying the EF 104 Extra.
I got a DA 70 needing a home in either the Pilot or 3DHS YAK 55M. I think the 3DHS is lighter than the Pilot! and the cowl is slightly larger round to swallow up the engine! and 91" span vice 88" span. I think 3DHS YAK is going to win out unless Tony gets something out soon! He did get a really nice 330sc but I want the YAK 55 to really practice rollers with. I have heard good reports about the YAK 55 M.
Yak all the way.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_3620.JPG IMG_3621.JPG IMG_3622.JPG IMG_3623.JPG IMG_3617.JPG IMG_3618.JPG IMG_3619.JPG We are getting ready to head to the field again this morning. In the last 2 weeks I have signed up three new AMA members, that is one year free for me. I have three guys coming out that just joined our club and would like me to check out and test fly,(maiden a few new planes for them, looks like we may have a decent Day I hope. I Had to patch the top left aileron, and the bottom of the fuse on my Yak and tighten the rudder cables a little. need to start flying a little HIGHER the tall weeds are tough on planes. I also programed in a throttle curve and a few other things into the Yak, and try a couple different props. Away we go, I even have my camera in my pocket for what it is LOL!!! Early morning Preventive maintenance just what we do not need LOL!!

Last edited:

yakken

100cc
Hope your trailer doesnt break in half on the way to the field like my brothers did. He made it to the field and didnt even know it was broke.[emoji15]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423403834300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423403834300.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 192

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ouch. The tongue broke?

Headed out to do some more flying, have a newbie or 2 that need help, gonna show them how we huck in southern cali!