• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Those are the days I stay home.

I was already down at the field and didn't think anything of it until I got there. I guess I shoulda just kept it a mellow day at home since I was nonstop busy on Saturday, and out in the heat too! :oblong:

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Two more days of sun and fun and flying. Tomorrow the big Yak takes to the sky. Sunday, I am going to do some practicing for the upcoming IMAC contest being hosted at our field. I think the Sukhoi wants to be airborne. I just don't know if I have enough skill to fly with the big boys. But hey, gonna give it a try.
There were 4 including mine at Orthobird's contest last weekend.

20160723_180918.jpg
20160724_075105.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Took the 330LX out tonight for the first flight after cleaning the RE3's and WOW! what a difference. Instantly turned the 29x12x3EVO Mejzlik at 6100 on the ground! That was a gain of 150 rpm to start with. Throttle was much crisper and top rpm in the air was 7180! I need more prop for this engine :)

thurmma

150cc
Made it out twice today, once at lunch for two flights and then again after work for three more with the Extra. It sure is nice to be flying again :) If you hae RE3'S and have more than 300 flights on them and seem to be losing some power or have a harder time cooling the engine, try cleaning the pipes, trust me, it WORKS! I found some Dawn Power Dissolver at a janitorial supply store online and that stuff works! My pipes weighed in at 1.5 oz and 1.2 oz less after cleaning them out :)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I can't believe I went out flying today. DB temp 96 Heat Index 108. The EME 60 held in there strong tho because I sure did not. Ended up passing the sticks to my good friend Raiko. I was actually very dizzy getting ready to faint and :speechless:. Had to hug a fan for 30 minutes to get my noodle out of the oven. Oh FALL:on_the_go: hurry up and get here!.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I can't believe I went out flying today. DB temp 96 Heat Index 108. The EME 60 held in there strong tho because I sure did not. Ended up passing the sticks to my good friend Raiko. I was actually very dizzy getting ready to faint and :speechless:. Had to hug a fan for 30 minutes to get my noodle out of the oven. Oh FALL:on_the_go: hurry up and get here!.
I had that happen a few weeks ago while I was taking my airplane apart to go home, it was nasty hot and humid and I started getting kinda dizzy and had to sit down.

It's reasonably nice here this weekend, only around 90.