• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
I managed to put 5 flights on teh 330LX and 1 on the Edge this weekend. Just put ProFlow cans on the Edge and what a difference in sound! It is quiet but, still had plenty of power until one of the 32 oz tanks had the fill and vent tubes break off inside the tank :( I noticed it wasn't running quite right and brought it down thinking it was just a needle setting because the low end was quite rich before I put the cans on. So I tweaked the low needle and went to fill the plane. To my surprise the fuel started flowing out the vent tube after about 15 seconds and I knew something was wrong. I pulled the canopy off and started filling it again and that is when I found the broken fittings from the inside of the tank. I will be going back to a single 50oz TDRC fuel tank by the end of the week. It has already been ordered.

I also tried to fly my Assassin through a tree today. It didn't make it through but, did make some pretty cool sounds as it was falling through the tree branches :) If it hadn't started raining I would have put it back in the air again. Love how tough the wings are.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Few pics from yesterday courtesy of my lovely wife Kelly.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I managed to put 5 flights on teh 330LX and 1 on the Edge this weekend. Just put ProFlow cans on the Edge and what a difference in sound! It is quiet but, still had plenty of power until one of the 32 oz tanks had the fill and vent tubes break off inside the tank :( I noticed it wasn't running quite right and brought it down thinking it was just a needle setting because the low end was quite rich before I put the cans on. So I tweaked the low needle and went to fill the plane. To my surprise the fuel started flowing out the vent tube after about 15 seconds and I knew something was wrong. I pulled the canopy off and started filling it again and that is when I found the broken fittings from the inside of the tank. I will be going back to a single 50oz TDRC fuel tank by the end of the week. It has already been ordered.

I also tried to fly my Assassin through a tree today. It didn't make it through but, did make some pretty cool sounds as it was falling through the tree branches :) If it hadn't started raining I would have put it back in the air again. Love how tough the wings are.
Love the TDRC tanks. Everyone of my planes now sports one. Well, except the Cessna...it's pretty much 100% out of site and out of mind.

How's come you're flying through trees now?:laughing: Doesn't you know they are for birds? The "feathered" kind of birds.
Great pics Mike. I never have a good and willing camera man. I would love to have some photos of some insane things we do.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I did it flew the plane yesterday. ATLAST. It was built a number year ago. But never flew it always walked pass it. Put to much money and time into it. Spent 3 years building it. Did the drawings and then cut all the parts and built it. It has BVM retracts. And 2 OS 120 in it with 13-10 props. It flew great only one thing happened came across the deck and open it up well it was fast but blew all the gear doors off. Need to fix the doors and it will be ready again and yes it landed great. It is going to take a few days to stop the my knees from banging together.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 478

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
image.jpeg
Dodged the weather, did some aerials and got the Coke 600 run on time and glad to get home.
Today was as good as it gets down south this time of year. 3 to 5 breeze, white puffy clouds, and 86 degrees. Drove over to Trenton, SC and got in 5 flights on the 40% and four flights on my electric Sport Cub.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I did it flew the plane yesterday. ATLAST. It was built a number year ago. But never flew it always walked pass it. Put to much money and time into it. Spent 3 years building it. Did the drawings and then cut all the parts and built it. It has BVM retracts. And 2 OS 120 in it with 13-10 props. It flew great only one thing happened came across the deck and open it up well it was fast but blew all the gear doors off. Need to fix the doors and it will be ready again and yes it landed great. It is going to take a few days to stop the my knees from banging together.

Hey @Snoopy1,

I have to say, that plane looks AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! ! :big_yes:. Congratulations on your successful maiden. Besides, you have nothing to worry about. My knees would still be shaking too. . . . . . . :yesss:

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Took my sbach65 out for some fun today. Got two flights in on it. Adjusted the CG from the maiden as it was way tail heavy. These two flights it flew more like I wanted it to.
image.jpeg

Botched the second landing though. It hit kinda hard but not real hard and the gear folded up under it.
image.jpeg

Found the culprit. The bottom wing nut must have fallen off in flight. Don't think it really matters how softly I could have touched down this was gonna happen.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 81863
Took my sbach65 out for some fun today. Got two flights in on it. Adjusted the CG from the maiden as it was way tail heavy. These two flights it flew more like I wanted it to.
View attachment 81864
Botched the second landing though. It hit kinda hard but not real hard and the gear folded up under it.
View attachment 81865
Found the culprit. The bottom wing nut must have fallen off in flight. Don't think it really matters how softly I could have touched down this was gonna happen.
Looks ok just put a new nut on and she is ready to fly again. Always the first few flights you have something and you hope it is something simple and with very little or no damage.